Reflex Optic Advice for Krieghoff .470 double rifle

After speaking with Leica, Recknagel, and Krieghoff we discovered that the optic could not be mounted with out some modifications to the rifle. I ended up sending the rifle to Krieghoff to have those modifications made, and I am supposed to receive the rifle tomorrow. Exactly one week prior to my third trip to Africa. Not an ideal situation, as I hate to throw together a trip at the last minute, in particular with a new rifle. I must say Hamilton at Leica, and Alex at Krieghoff have been incredibly helpful. In the end I think everything is going to work out, but it has been stressful!

After speaking with Leica, Recknagel, and Krieghoff we discovered that the optic could not be mounted with out some modifications to the rifle. I ended up sending the rifle to Krieghoff to have those modifications made, and I am supposed to receive the rifle tomorrow. Exactly one week prior to my third trip to Africa. Not an ideal situation, as I hate to throw together a trip at the last minute, in particular with a new rifle. I must say Hamilton at Leica, and Alex at Krieghoff have been incredibly helpful. In the end I think everything is going to work out, but it has been stressful!

Quite interesting, would you mind sharing the details?

Quite interesting, would you mind sharing the details?
I can try, my father was mounting the optic for me, as he has about 30 years of experience doing it. Essentially the base plate needed to be modified to accommodate a recoil lug, and the the lever on the mount need to be changed out for a wheel because it could not make a full revolution without running into the gun.
IMG_01.jpg
IMG_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is unfortunate that the lever wasn't indexable. I am not sure how it is set up but could not a thin washer have changed the position of the lever, placed in between the lever and the screw thread.

It is unfortunate that the lever wasn't indexable. I am not sure how it is set up but could not a thin washer have changed the position of the lever, placed in between the lever and the screw thread.

I can (and did) index mine on the same type mount from Recknagel

Beck, glad you are getting there even if a bit stressful!

I wish you every success in your hunting and I hope using the rifle and sight gives you a lot of pleasure.

Best wishes,

Scrummy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graciehayward01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg