Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Hello, I would like to offer some fantastic Red Stag hunting here at the Rockin G Ranch. We have a very nice breeding herd with several bulls and many hinds deer (hunt is for bulls only, no hinds available this year). The roar should start late October. Stag hunting in our canyons is an absolute riot! The magnificence of these animals is second to none and the sound of roars echoing up the canyon walls will raise the hair on your neck and get the blood pumping for sure. This will be a physical spot and stalk style hunt and be prepared for a lot of hiking and climbing, we can accommodate mobility impaired if need be but extra days will be needed to do so. Catching them in the open is very rare and difficult.

Daily fee: $300/day/hunter x3 $900
Trophy Fee for Red Stag Bull: $7500
Total: $8400
Deposit: $4200

Included: Guides, meals, lodging, trophy prep, quartering of animal and packing it into your coolers, walk in cooler and large freezers during your hunt, unlimited hogs, catch and release fishing, arrival and departure days plus three full days of hunting, airport pickup/drop off from Amarillo International airport, all transportation on the ranch, rifle ranges.

Excluded: Tips to guides and staff, all expenses before and after the hunt such as airfare etc.... Texas hunting license (about $48), taxidermy- YOU WILL RECEIVE A 5% DISCOUNT IF YOU USE MY COMPANY FOR TAXIDERMY WORK.
Below are examples of the bulls one can expect, the pictures aren't the greatest but will give an idea of the excellent quality of our animals.

IMG_3224.JPG
image3.JPG
image1.PNG
image2.JPG

Lodging
IMG_1305.JPG
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1307.JPG

Fishing
IMG_2282.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like fun. I expect that you should get some takers. Bruce

I forgot to mention, observers are welcome at $150/day excluding arrival and departure days.

Gizmo how many bulls do you expect to take off the property this year?

Gizmo how many bulls do you expect to take off the property this year?
This year I have one bull I'd really like to get someone on. It's the bull in the top pic.

Nice crowns on that dude!

It amuses me to see the mistaken naming of red deer stags as bulls. A bit like calling a bull elephant a buck or a zebra stallion as a ram.

It amuses me to see the mistaken naming of red deer stags as bulls. A bit like calling a bull elephant a buck or a zebra stallion as a ram.

That's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think?!?!?

Guys.
Red stags are red stags.
No bulls in sight!
Male red deer is a stag.
Female red deer is a hind.

Jajajaja, you got me. Yes that is correct males are stags and females are hinds. Bad American habit I got ya. ;)

They are however cousins of the American elk in which males are bulls and females are cows so this side of the pond they tend to get thrown into the same category name wise. Yes I think the elephant comparison is a bit of a stretch though.
Gotta love the English language. A flock of ducks, covey of quail, but a gaggle of geese etc...

They are however cousins of the American elk in which males are bulls and females are cows so this side of the pond they tend to get thrown into the same category name wise. Yes I think the elephant comparison is a bit of a stretch though.
Gotta love the English language. A flock of ducks, covey of quail, but a gaggle of geese etc...
Stag,buck, bull
Hind, doe, cow
And that's just for deer species.

The pair that baffles me is buck and hen for male and female steelhead trout sometimes.
Uhhhh, wha??

GEE.

Oh and a "mob" of kangaroos. Apparently Roos are Italian and support illegal gambling and are prohibition booze runners who operate speak easies. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I don't know what it costs to import and breed Red Stag in Texas but jeez, for $8400 you can fly to Europe, hunt a MONSTER Red Stag (or 2-3 nice Trophies) and ship it back to the states. Plus, you get to experience the Rut, something everyone needs to experience at least once.......

I don't know what it costs to import and breed Red Stag in Texas but jeez, for $8400 you can fly to Europe, hunt a MONSTER Red Stag (or 2-3 nice Trophies) and ship it back to the states. Plus, you get to experience the Rut, something everyone needs to experience at least once.......

That argument can be made for just about every "exotic" specie. You can hunt Zebra, Kudu, Gemsbok, Ibex, etc. all right here in TX. They are about $10k+ a piece..... Could you fly to Africa & shoot them for $2000? Yes, not everyone wants/can to fly over for the hunt/experience. Then pay for taxidermy, ship/crate & clearance.

That pretty much sums up the whole Exotic hunting economy, and reason for existence.

I would challenge you and say you cannot do that all in for $8400 from the states. It may be very close but airfare, dip and ship, the hunt, import fees will eat up much of the "savings".
And you can experience the roar on my place as well, kinda the great part of having an entire breeding herd ;)

Maybe.... But you can't do Europe in a weekend like you can at the Rockin G. And still be able to get some hog hunting and fishing as well....

You can get into the weeds even more since American elk should really be called deer/stag. Elch [elk] being German for moose, Hirsch is a stag, etc. Wapaati is another name for elk.

Great offer Gizmo. Had I not just hunted stag, I'd be all over that bull!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross