Red Dot Parallax

Tucketed

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Just a little background, I have extensively used Burris Fastfire red dots on slug guns for deer and my Benelli turkey guns. I love red dots. I recently bought a Aimpoint T2 micro for my new 404J and this morning doing some more research on them. Also, my career work is in the optics industry and have had a lot of experience working with the parallax issues and patents on gun sights. I recognized the potential problem but this paper I found today was pretty compelling and thought it might be food for thought to some of you. Obviously cheek weld and head placement is paramount in both scopes and “parallax free” red dots. I can’t post the link but the paper is; COMPARATIVE STUDY OF RED DOT SIGHT PARALLAX by Green Eye Tactical.
Ed

Attachments

• Red Dot Test Report .pdf
    23.6 MB · Views: 83
A very interesting read. Liked the level of test procedures that were used. I have seen the shift they mention in several red dots. My take away is that Consistent head position with a red dot is critical for repeatable accuracy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brookbeans941

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!