Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well it’s the season around the Rockin G to be plowing and planting food plots and wheat pasture. My ranch Forman was on the tractor all day and snapped a few pics for me.
This Red Deer is only a 3 year old and he’s looking fantastic. He aughta be a real hoss in two more years.
D381AAC3-0F1A-448C-B9A3-D146247D6D50.jpeg
All the really big mature stags are still brushed up and down in the Canyons. To early for them to start gathering hinds deer yet.

This little fella was out in the food plot playing around in the freshly plowed dirt. He’s this year’s fawn with his first set of antlers. He aughta be a truly magnificent deer in about 5 years.
F35A5254-1D1D-46E5-B05F-C684596626A6.jpeg
775867DF-EA8F-49A0-AC8D-DABDCAD20103.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do want to take one of those stage's, h0w much does it cost for one of those stages ? From North America. ? I am sure that it was spelled wrong from here , but would like to know' How much . It sost, as I am I am much intersected.

Big red deer hunt is
Trophy Fee: 5500
Day fee x2: 600
Total:6100 USD
This includes guides, meals, lodging, trophy prep, unlimited feral hogs, fishing, sporting clays shooting, house alcohol.
Extra days/observers may be added

yes. We try very hard to make sure we only take mature animals.

Unless you have a different kind of red deer they are by no means mature at the age of five. Don´t get me wrong, it´s your animals and you can shoot them whenever you want, but over here in germany we do have quite some experience with red deer and a mature stag has to be at least ten years old. Of course we cull some of the stags in younger ages, especially for reduction purposes, but a stag normally does not reduce antler growth and weight before the age of about 12-13 years. I didn´t mean to ruin this thread though, we can discuss this somewhere else.

Unless you have a different kind of red deer they are by no means mature at the age of five. Don´t get me wrong, it´s your animals and you can shoot them whenever you want, but over here in germany we do have quite some experience with red deer and a mature stag has to be at least ten years old. Of course we cull some of the stags in younger ages, especially for reduction purposes, but a stag normally does not reduce antler growth and weight before the age of about 12-13 years. I didn´t mean to ruin this thread though, we can discuss this somewhere else.
no worries and I agree with you, it’s a little different here and I guess I should be more specific as they are physically mature at 5. No one here in Texas, myself included, could hold onto these deer for 12-13 years. There would be no way to get a return on investment. We do not have a large population of free ranging red deer thus they will be hunted at 5. It’s also different in that people have spent decades breeding many animals, red deer included, to put on inches of antler much faster than their European relatives. It’s much like the difference between our free ranging whitetail and raised whitetail. A free ranging whitetail doesn’t hit peak antler growth until 5-6 years of age scoring around 170” of antler. In Texas whitetail have been bred many many generations in private herds and can easily put 200” on in 2 years with 4 year olds pushing 300”. That would be completely unheard of and impossible with a free ranging deer.

Two red stags I recently harvested in Carpathian Mountains with Carpathian hunting b&d unbelievable hunts both stags made silver medals a friend managed to take a gold medal and a chamois

25216899-E29C-4FD9-95E0-8F3AD275F7E8.jpeg
09D05F93-509F-4874-9629-349AD65C9029.jpeg
F36EC94E-4FE3-4C40-A3EE-789CD6905E77.jpeg
09D05F93-509F-4874-9629-349AD65C9029.jpeg
D31B746D-A641-4DD3-89DA-11DE7532A00A.jpeg
9F5806CB-7860-4D10-8125-43AA8442E4D4.jpeg
66151E20-54A4-4ABF-BFE9-920D7822BCFF.jpeg

Very nice, keep em coming folks. I love red deer and am blessed to have a wonderful herd. We should have some whoppers next season. We killed three very nice Stags this season and culled two hinds deer.

Gizmo, Texas prices on a Red Stag hunts are similar to New Zealand for the animal. But add flights, hotels, travel, and the price of a New Zealand hunt for quality animals is well over $10,000. This is still one of the bargain hunts in Texas.

I did get within bow range of a couple of Red Stag on your place. I was not hunting Red Stag. There is nothing like the roar. Add in the Red Deer that we called Crazy Larry and is exciting! I got a picture of a giant stag in New Zealand that I will post.

2017 manuka point - had a nice time!New zealand people are nice and love cold beer just like we do in Montana
6B4C9C0A-FDF2-4CFA-B368-6CB88C3C397B.jpeg

Gizmo, Texas prices on a Red Stag hunts are similar to New Zealand for the animal. But add flights, hotels, travel, and the price of a New Zealand hunt for quality animals is well over $10,000. This is still one of the bargain hunts in Texas.

I did get within bow range of a couple of Red Stag on your place. I was not hunting Red Stag. There is nothing like the roar. Add in the Red Deer that we called Crazy Larry and is exciting! I got a picture of a giant stag in New Zealand that I will post.
I completely agree, those red deer you saw can all be hunted for between 6500 and 7500 all in! They were fantastic red deer and we will have more great ones this coming season. They roar Sept-Oct, its an exciting and challenging hunt. Crazy Larry was a PITA but did make things interesting. I was sure glad when he was killed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg