Record Rhino for Sale

Well this is the perfect opportunity for them to ACTUALLY do some conservation work. I'm sure the trolls have seen this and they can start getting a collection going. I hope they do buy bull and charge people to see him to get the funds back. Oh hold on some poachers will get him in the first month as don't know what security is or how to achieve it

I like the approach of the open letter. The cost of such a rhino might be astronomical for the average hunter, but it's just a drop in the bucket for celebrity antis like Gervais. Spend say 700k on the rhino, 50k on transport, and a cool million on some land... only 2 million to save a rhino. Seems like a bargain.

Have any of the big names registered any interest?? I really want one of them to buy this bull think off all that money towards the protection of his chums

I'd say the math is pretty simple if I were running Save-The-Rhinos-Is-Us. If I save this rhino, it will cost me some hundreds of thousands out of pocket, plus the cost of moving it and boarding and feeding it somewhere until it dies of natural causes. And let's not forget this particular rhino is an obstreperous beast, so higher costs overall.

On the other hand, if I don't save it, and some hunter buys it and kills it, I can get on my high horse and point out just how evil hunters are, and collect money - likely millions (based on Cecil) - from poor saps around the world.

Spends hundreds of thousands now and into the future. Collect millions now.

Is that even a choice?

I'd say the math is pretty simple if I were running Save-The-Rhinos-Is-Us. If I save this rhino, it will cost me some hundreds of thousands out of pocket, plus the cost of moving it and boarding and feeding it somewhere until it dies of natural causes. And let's not forget this particular rhino is an obstreperous beast, so higher costs overall.

On the other hand, if I don't save it, and some hunter buys it and kills it, I can get on my high horse and point out just how evil hunters are, and collect money - likely millions (based on Cecil) - from poor saps around the world.

Is that even a choice?
Bro you make a very valid point there. Do you ever feel like a minority group being pushed because you don't conform to a social norm?? I do. And as hunters we all are.

Is that even a choice?

And on top of that it can no longer contribute to the gene pool as it is past breeding age and is actually contributing to the demise of the species because it is killing other rhinos.

The only viable solution is a hunter paying money and hunting this bull. That is the only way this rhino will further contribute to conservation, rather simple calculation.

Does anyone know what happened with this rhino? I'm guessing the antis are now saying they are unicorns that found chocolate

Here is the obvious question (and the answer).

Mark Robson
Can they not tranquillise and remove its horns so it can’t kill the females? It must have great genetics.

• Jens Ulrik Høgh
    No. It's too aggressive to use as a breeding bull. And it will kill the females in any case .... it will just take a little longer without the long horn...
Must be a real shocker to the snowflakes to learn that animals actually KILL each other.............especially these unicorns ...............FWB

From Jens Ulrik Hogh on facebook

Rhino auction update.

The auction is over. Non-hunters showed no interest in buying this problem animal whatsoever. The bull will, therefore, be hunted in the near future and the money from the sale will be reinvested in nature conservation.

Once again the nature conservation bill is paid by hunting...

From Jens Ulrik Hogh on facebook

Rhino auction update.

The auction is over. Non-hunters showed no interest in buying this problem animal whatsoever. The bull will, therefore, be hunted in the near future and the money from the sale will be reinvested in nature conservation.

Once again the nature conservation bill is paid by hunting...
I had a bet with myself that would happen. DSC here I come

It's a shame his genetics couldn't be passed on.
Lucas, did you read the whole post and story behind it?
Sure his genes can be passed on but who will pay for it as he is past breeding it means that he will have to be kept in a small enclosure milked of his valuable sperm.

That is exactly the point of the open letter anyone was able to buy the rhino and do whatever they want with it. Hunt or let it die of old age?

Strange how confused people are on the subject....
Would be nice if he would actually read the thread before posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg