Recommended Books on African hunting

Horn of the hunter by Ruark
Green Hills of Africa by Hemmingway

I read both these books every trip to Africa. Both are very good reads. I personally think the Green Hills of Africa is one of the best novels ever written on hunting. Hemmingway can describe a scene in a sententence or two that would take other authors paragraphs or pages to describe.

Buy yourself a Kindle Paperwhite by Amazon. You can buy and download most of these books at a fraction of the price of the hardcovers. Then you can see which ones you like and pursue those books for your library if you so desire. Also when you travel you can take ALL your books in a device smaller than a paperback and switch from one to the other at your pleasure. Best electronic device I own.

Dreams from my father by Barack Obama. It made me want to shoot everything in sight....

The book:

"Hunting Namibia: A Brief Hunting Survey of Namibia"; author David Bartlet

Has anybody read? How do you find his book?

Facing Down Fear by @John Sharp is bound to become a book that will gain a place in permanent Africana must reads and
There’s something about buffalo by @Kevin Thomas a great accumulation of stories about, well as the title says....Buffalo

Cheers,
Cody

Attachments

• Screenshot (459).png
    Screenshot (459).png
    316.2 KB · Views: 116
Thanks, but just because I already found it on amazon, and with single comment - three stars only "Strangely written." I came with this question.

I dont know really what it means - "strangely written"?

So by "how do you find this book" I meant actually, not the place, but did you enjoy the reading or can you recommend?(y)

The Peter Flack books on hunting the spiral horns are pretty good in my opinion. I am reading the one now on Bushbucks and though they are not the classic thrillers the amount of information and detail cant be beat.

1.) Horn of the Hunter By Robert Ruark.---- Classic, should be required reading before you are allowed to hunt in Africa!

2.) Months of the Sun By Ian Nyschens -----Old Africa, another classic, one of a kind adventures!

3.) Buffalo! By Craig Boddington------Not sure if you are hunting Buffalo on this trip-----but a must read if you ever are going to hunt Buffalo.

4.) The Perfect Shot By Kevin Robertson----Good info on where and how to place your bullet.

5.) Under the African Sun By Frank Hibben----Great stories and plenty of humor to go along with them.

Plenty More----But that should be a good start! Good luck Chris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross