Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, SCI, NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, Canada, Namibia, New Zealand
Horn of the hunter by Ruark
Green Hills of Africa by Hemmingway

I read both these books every trip to Africa. Both are very good reads. I personally think the Green Hills of Africa is one of the best novels ever written on hunting. Hemmingway can describe a scene in a sententence or two that would take other authors paragraphs or pages to describe.

PLM

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, TSRA
Buy yourself a Kindle Paperwhite by Amazon. You can buy and download most of these books at a fraction of the price of the hardcovers. Then you can see which ones you like and pursue those books for your library if you so desire. Also when you travel you can take ALL your books in a device smaller than a paperback and switch from one to the other at your pleasure. Best electronic device I own.

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
Dreams from my father by Barack Obama. It made me want to shoot everything in sight....

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
The book:

"Hunting Namibia: A Brief Hunting Survey of Namibia"; author David Bartlet

Has anybody read? How do you find his book?

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Facing Down Fear by @John Sharp is bound to become a book that will gain a place in permanent Africana must reads and
There’s something about buffalo by @Kevin Thomas a great accumulation of stories about, well as the title says....Buffalo

Cheers,
Cody

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY

Attachments

• Screenshot (459).png
    Screenshot (459).png
    316.2 KB · Views: 62

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Thanks, but just because I already found it on amazon, and with single comment - three stars only "Strangely written." I came with this question.

I dont know really what it means - "strangely written"?

So by "how do you find this book" I meant actually, not the place, but did you enjoy the reading or can you recommend?(y)

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
The Peter Flack books on hunting the spiral horns are pretty good in my opinion. I am reading the one now on Bushbucks and though they are not the classic thrillers the amount of information and detail cant be beat.

MT Griz

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Namibia, USA- Montana, Alaska
1.) Horn of the Hunter By Robert Ruark.---- Classic, should be required reading before you are allowed to hunt in Africa!

2.) Months of the Sun By Ian Nyschens -----Old Africa, another classic, one of a kind adventures!

3.) Buffalo! By Craig Boddington------Not sure if you are hunting Buffalo on this trip-----but a must read if you ever are going to hunt Buffalo.

4.) The Perfect Shot By Kevin Robertson----Good info on where and how to place your bullet.

5.) Under the African Sun By Frank Hibben----Great stories and plenty of humor to go along with them.

Plenty More----But that should be a good start! Good luck Chris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZoeTobias

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh