AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
PA, OH, NM, ND, AL, FL, MD; Spain, EC/KZN/MP South Africa, Zimbabwe x 2, Mozambique, Cameroon
Any inputs on a good taxidermist in the South East? MS, AL, GA, Northern FL?

Will have another set of trophies (hopefully) coming back after June Safari.

While I am in Texas I do a lot of work for customers coast to coast. We'd love the opportunity to earn your business. Getting finished taxidermy to you is no issue and I use trophy transport companies that do a very good job and avoid the cost of crating as well. Please reach out if we can be of assistance.

Call waldun tannery in SC and they will make recommendations tell you everything... They do most of the tanning for the taxidermists and spend a fair amount of time picking up trophies from ATL. They have done a great job tanning my stuff after picking up from JFK for decades! I deliver the entire crate directly to the tannery and then deliver to the taxidermist of my choosing... Good luck!

Appreciate the info fellas!

Edge

Dan Heasley in Raymond, MS does excellent African game taxidermy.

McGuire Taxidery (Jimmy McGuire) in Clinton, MS also does excellent African game taxidermy work.

Both taxidermist hunt Africa so they know what live African game looks like.

I can second Dan Heasley and Jimmy McGuire. They've both done work for me. I've never had McGuire do any Africa work for me, but done other good work.

Appreciate the info!

Trophy Taker Taxidermy in cornelia, georgia. great work, great prices. They have done extensive work on all NA game but do excellent work on African animals, too. They mounted my kudu, gemsbok, impala, and warthog, and finished the backskins for me.

I don't know any, but just remember the cost will go up the farther you get from home.

Drove home from Texas in Feb of 2020 and dropped a free range Aoudad off at my local guy. It has taken 14 months but I got him back two weeks ago.

Good thing about it is he has been in communication with me regularly ( out to the fur dresser, back from the fur dresser, working on aoudad next month and now completion). Had him picked up within 20 minutes of getting the call and that was only because it was 20 miles away.

I thought I was moving in December and he and I spoke about shipping options and he wanted another $300 to build a crate and ship it. So watch out for the upcharge for distance.

Nothing against the guys that aren't local, but it is the price of doing businesses.

Where possible it is 100% easier to go local.

@Muskox

Exactly the reasons you listed is why I am looking around at local (within a few hours) taxidermists.

Appreciate all the inputs guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg