LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Well looks like I am going to be able to sneak away next year to do some Marlin fishing. Was hoping someone has gone FAD fishing and could give me a recomme dation. Really want to target blue marlin, and hopefully get a chance at multiple hook ups.

If anyone has other hot spots to try for Marlin in the June/July/August timeframe, I would appreciate it!!

Well looks like I am going to be able to sneak away next year to do some Marlin fishing. Was hoping someone has gone FAD fishing and could give me a recomme dation. Really want to target blue marlin, and hopefully get a chance at multiple hook ups.

If anyone has other hot spots to try for Marlin in the June/July/August timeframe, I would appreciate it!!
That is a pretty good time for blue marlin at Tropic Star in Panama. I have been to Tropic Star but have not been on a trip to the FADs in Costa Rica (but want to). You won’t get near the numbers at Tropic Star (couple shots a day with other fish mixed in) as Costa Rica FADs but much bigger size. We went in February. Everyone got at least 1 black and most of us got a blue as well. All of the fish were 400+ with a couple 600ish. I don’t think anywhere gets the numbers like the Costa Rica trip

You might ask adzhoo who is a member here. He is in Panama but probably knows quite a bit about the area.

That is a pretty good time for blue marlin at Tropic Star in Panama. I have been to Tropic Star but have not been on a trip to the FADs in Costa Rica (but want to). You won’t get near the numbers at Tropic Star (couple shots a day with other fish mixed in) as Costa Rica FADs but much bigger size. We went in February. Everyone got at least 1 black and most of us got a blue as well. All of the fish were 400+ with a couple 600ish. I don’t think anywhere gets the numbers like the Costa Rica trip
I have actually considered tropic star and going to Panama. I will probably go one day in the future, good to hear about the Black Marlin as I really really really want to catch one.

where in CR did you fish? Quepos Jaco or flamingo?

where in CR did you fish? Quepos Jaco or flamingo?
I have fished out of quepos in Costa Rica. Just sails and tuna. I have not done the marlin trip out to the seamounts. Have been looking at it hard. That Feb trip i referenced was to tropic star in Panama.

This was ten years ago but going with people who had been to Panama and Costa Rica,we went to Guatemala. OK not the safest feel but the fishing was unbelievable. So good we all went back.

This was ten years ago but going with people who had been to Panama and Costa Rica,we went to Guatemala. OK not the safest feel but the fishing was unbelievable. So good we all went back.

Who did you go with in Guatemala? Not 100% sold on Costa Rica just looks like it offers the best opportunity at multiple blues.

Would love to hook a big black marlin!!

Who did you go with in Guatemala? Not 100% sold on Costa Rica just looks like it offers the best opportunity at multiple blues.

Would love to hook a big black marlin!!
Sounds like you need to go for 3 weeks and hit Costa Rica, Guatemala and Panama . Panama is without question the place for blacks from what I know (which ain’t much). We had 3 blacks in the spread at the same time one afternoon. Hooked a double and the 3rd one swung and missed. Had to just cut off one of the blacks but landed the other. That was chaos

It was with an outfit called fin and feather. I have a couple of old time Cabelas guys that are still going if you want to follow up. I will get you the info.

There’s a guy on the hull truth named John that fishes out of quepos. Quepos fishing adventures.
I have not used him yet, but we are booked for February. I can give some feedback afterwards.

also epic sportfishing has a good reputation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross