Recommendations Deer hunt in Georgia

Don458

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA USPSA Brooklyn schuetzen corp
Any recommendations for a good Deer hunt on a plantation in Georgia? mid to lower part of state. Looking for a real honest old style rifle hunt. This yr. Ty Don

Maybe try Gopher plantation. I’ll see if I can get you their contact.
Best Jaco

I have heard good things about Little River Plantation. I’ve never hunted there myself though so I can not give you a first hand report.

We used this outfit for hogs:

However, they do trophy whitetail hunts as well. The owner developed seeding and habitat management products and is very in depth with what he does. Not a high fence or low fence. Managed free-chase habitats.

Any recommendations for a good Deer hunt on a plantation in Georgia? mid to lower part of state. Looking for a real honest old style rifle hunt. This yr. Ty Don
What exactly do you mean by old style rifle hunt?

It isn’t in Georgia but I have been going to Waccamaw Hunting Services in South Carolina over the past 15 years. He only takes 4 or 5 hunters at a time. No fences. Leased farms.

I mea

I meant no fence or hunting preserve, someone’s own property that they manage for deer Ty

Check out my above suggestion. It's all fair-chase leases. A lot is farmland that owners will allow the guide to cultivate portions. The hog situation is a little different as they just want them gone. However, the lodge we stayed in with them had some ridiculous mounts of deer taken by them.

Check with any of the quail plantations in Albany. Orvis should have a list of endorsed lodges in Georgia. Barnsley Gardens outside of Atlanta might offer deer shooting, too. Most deer hunting in the State occurs on private land, but South Georgia has some opportunities around ag fields. The deer in Georgia are not typically huge, but they are often good quality. good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg