Recommendation for clearing agent and taxidermist in Southeast

baisley101

Reaction score
I am trying to plan a trip to Africa in the near future. I live in Middle Tennessee. Who would you recommend for a clearing agent and taxidermist without me driving over half the country?

Tommy Armstrong at Touch of Class taxidermy in Kosciusko MS specializes in African animals. He does an excellent job.

Thanks alot for the info. I have a local guy that does an excellent job on local game, but not much experience on African. I don't want to spend the time and money on a trip and then have the mounts look sub par. Thanks again. I will give him a look.

Go with Coppersmith for brokers. They are great to deal with-before and after the hunt.Check out the taxidermist work and rates and you do not have to go local. Some of the best are not right around the corner. For example,my studio has MAJOR freight discounts and NO sale tax and deal with a lot of international work all the time. Check them out on quality and price--some have way too much overhead and are over charged. Have a great time.....:happywave::happywave:

I second Coppersmith for brokers. Live in North Florida and have used them three times and have experienced no problems. Even assisted me at the SCI Convention with a problem I was having with USF&W getting a permit I needed, but for them my Bontebok would probably still be in South Africa rather than on my wall. I don't find their fees to be unreasonable, they are propmt and keep you updated on the status of your shipment. Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross