Recoil Pad Installation For a Blaser R8

Safariswestcam

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
IMG_1581.jpg

Brand new to the forum..... used this site for quite some time for research but have never contributed. I just picked up this Kilombero last week and I am looking for a gunsmith to install a new recoil pad. The previous owner had replaced the Silvers with a much thicker softer pad and I want to go back to the more traditional African pad. I am located in NC and have never owned a rifle that made me nervous about dropping it off at the local gunsmith prior to now. Any suggestions would be welcome and thanks in advance!

You can always ship it to San Antonio and let the gunsmith at Blaser USA do the work.

By the way, that is an excellent piece of wood you have.
That is actually a perfect idea... I did not realize Blaser had a gunsmith state side! I knew they imported to San Antonio but thought that was all! Thank you!

Welcome to AH. A beautiful R8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RashadSalt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois