Rechamber .458 Win in 450 N2

-- Jr --

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Argentina
Hello guys! I was missing from the forum for work reasons. I have a mauser 458 win and a CZ 550 in 458 lott. The point is that I was able to buy a lot of accessories to recharge 450 N2. The possibility of buying a double rifle, for now does not exist. So I came up with the idea of rechambering a Ruger N1 458win. Is this possible?

Thanks to all

PD: Sorry if any expression in English is incorrect, but I am not an expert in the language

I’m sure it’s possible, the .458 is a rimless case & the .450 #2 is a rimmed case. The extractor would probably have to be altered. Good luck, I’m a fan of the Ruger #1, if you start with the #1 in .45~70 the extractor might work as is.

The 450 no2 is a 3.5 inch case. The action will have to be relieved and most likely the safety also.

Thanks a lot guys! I have the dies and many brass, and the posibility of buy a Ruger for rechanber. Only need the reamer. Will keep you informed

Good morning guys! I am resuming the ruger Nº1 project. Where do you recommend I buy the chamber reamer for 450 Nº2? Of course, I need that makes shipping to Argentina. I sent a message to https://pacifictoolandgauge.com but I still wait his answer.

Like i said before, Just tell me how to send it to you, use it and return,I do not think their are
any laws against sending it to you?

It will depend on how deep they drilled the quarter rib screws into the barrel. I've heard some instances where they were so deep that it made it impossible to rechamber to such a large case. A standard 450 3 1/4 would probably be a better bet.

About 40 yrs ago I had a #1 converted to .450 31/4. Then there was a guy that did same caliber inserts he did a .45 Long Colt adapter. I believe I could shoot .410 shotgun thru it, but I have forgotten. I had fun with it and then sold it.

Thanks a lot guys! I have the dies and many brass, and the posibility of buy a Ruger for rechanber. Only need the reamer. Will keep you informed
I have a Bill West Ruger No. 1 barrel in 45-70. It would be simple to rechamber for 450 #2. The barrel is new and ready for final polish and installation. PM me if interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.