Eric Zelanko

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA, Namibia, Ontario, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, USA
Does anyone have recent experience traveling to/from Africa? Specifically, with virus testing before leaving and more importantly, testing prior to the return trip to the states?

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV

Lots of info in this thread.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Eric there are a few posts about recent hunts. When is your trip? How are you flying?
I have heard of several using Covid Consultants which is a concierge service that is quite expensive but seems to get fast negative test results for folks.
Regards
Philip

Eric Zelanko

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Looking at flying to Namibia on Ethiopian Airlines late April and returning early May. Am curious if anyone has done testing there before the return flight. Testing before leaving the US seems to be fairly easy to obtain in the required timeframe. Also interested in anyone's experience with Ethiopian Air in general as we've not flown with them before.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
4 March at 04:03

We are now able to accommodate COVID-19 Testing for travel purposes

covis test na.jpg

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I can answer about the Ethiopian part. They area a legit and fairly top notch airline. I have flown with them once before, and will do so again this September. Quite a few members here used them last fall when travel opened back up as well.

Last edited:

Eric Zelanko

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
rifle is shot in, bags are almost packed, and prc test scheduled for Monday. Headed to Namibia from IAD on Thursday with Ethiopian Air.

Most miserable part has been locating a testing center that guarantees results in the necessary timeframe.

Will update when possible of travel experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antoniodfe

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.