Read this Elephant Charge

@IvW Out of genuine interest I was wondering if you could post those photos on the shot placement thread with a dot showing brain shot. I want to hunt elephant in the future and the more information is knowledge.

I could give me some time to figure out how to place a dot on a photo....what I can say us that most of the time the brain shot is placed too high by in experienced hunter....

I saw this image in the 500 J thread. @colorado posted it.

Skipping the running option. Not a good idea with any DG.

(I'll thank Buzz C and Ivan C for the education on Elephant behaviour.)

I thought I'd toss a question out for discussion.

Given the behaviour of the Elephant in the photo: Do you need to shoot?

View attachment 362138
@BRICKBURN.
I may end up dead but I think it's just a show telling to back off your a bit close. As some would say it's a bluff charge.
Hopefully in real life I would still be alive.
Bob

Brick,
a famous picture of the South African Tourist Board from ancient times,this mockcharge.
I know two hunters - I am vouching for them - who have shot about 700 elephants.
All with the .375 H+H and cheap South African PMP ammunition (because in Zimb. nothing else was available).
They have never heard of a Schüler in their lives,but all done with PMP
@Foxi
If it is the same gentlemen whom I am thinking of , then they also used a .458 Winchester Magnum and 475 grain PMP monolithic solid factory loads . Am I accurate ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katlyn74D

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,