sandman0921

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)
I hope that I am OK in posting this here, and that Mr. Thomson will be OK with it. I am pretty sure that I was made aware of this NPO/NGO through this forum. I went to their website at that time, and signed up for updates with the eventual plan to join the organization, as I had been looking for ways to donate financially to organizations dedicated to protecting African wildlife and hunting in general.

I had not heard much from Mr. Thomson and the TGA, and I admittedly had feared that the idea, while great in theory, had fizzled as so many often do. However, it sounds as if the TGA is in great hands, and has simply been going through the typical legal wrangling that is so often the case with NPOs. The document attached is a fascinating read, and provides me with hope that we as hunters, will start to gain a foothold in the fight against the extreme anti-hunting movement that has entrenched itself in many wildlife governing bodies throughout the world over the last 50 years. The organization, while not perfect I am sure, is worthy of look for those that are interested in doing something financially to support the cause of hunting in Africa, and hopefully one day, worldwide. Apparently in the next 2 weeks, there will be a formal call for membership in the organization. I would hope that many will give them a serious look.

Myself, I plan to donate to these guys and see what they can do. Hopefully this is but a seed, that if properly nourished and watered, will one day grow into a large tree with roots that take hold in many governing bodies worldwide.

Cheers

Attachments

• TGA.President's Annual Report. 2016. (2).pdf
    487.3 KB · Views: 147
I'll contact Ron and see if he wants to do some "sharing" right here on AH.

I'll contact Ron and see if he wants to do some "sharing" right here on AH.

He's been invited to contribute and follow up on this Presidents report here on AH.

an extract from the report .........

Extract from the Pelly Amendment document: “The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service utilizes the Pelly Amendment when ‘negotiating’ with other Parties to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) on the listing of certain species.” In other words - a fact verified by several African states - the Americans used the Pelly Amendment in 2016 as a coercive lever to force African countries to do as they are told; or else to suffer the consequences of American aid and/or preferential trade withdrawals - which state of affairs, by definition, is an act of terrorism. Africa’s interpretation of American legislation is that America can legally apply punitive financial, trade and ‘other’ sanctions on any country that (quite simply) works against “American wishes”; and America does not wish for CITES to disintegrate because African states resign! Before CITES Cop-17 several African countries got together to discuss the benefits and/or the liabilities of resigning from CITES - vis-a-vis the Pelly Amendment. They concluded that if America withdrew financial assistance to a country that resigned from CITES, that country would – financially – greatly lose more than it would gain by resigning. So this group of countries - who had all been previously and vehemently determined to resign - changed their minds. Thus, is the First World keeping a tight and coercive rein on the countries and people of Africa. And Africa’s wildlife has become America’s disposable pawn.

Many of us on this forum have said "someone needs to do something" about anti-hunters, animal rights activists, governments, etc., etc, etc.

Well, the time has come, and the TGA is the vehicle. Ron Thomson has the energy, and now we need to give him the means.

I can't speak for him, but I would suggest that no amount will be too small. If you hunt, you need to support this organization. Financially.

Just found this post and was unaware of TGA until now. I'll pitch my support as soon as I know how to do so.

Looks like they've got some good stuff in the works. Hopefully TGA joins the conversation here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danpowder

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you