Re-stocking a CZ-550

Earle

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Orillia gun Club, Bancroft Fish and Game Club
Hello to all. Looking for any info i can find on synthetic stocks for a CZ-550. It's a 1998 model in 416 Rigby. I bought it used, sight unseen and wood stock is virtually useless. It has been shortened to 13" LOP and is the lux model. It is to short and way to low. Working the bolt puts it almost in my face, and i have to add a riser of close to an inch.
I like the looks of the Bell and Carlson stocks, but the retailer tells me the rifle will only fit if it has two recoil lugs. Mine only has one.
I know lot's of guy's have switched to synthetic on their CZs, so can anybody suggest one i can use. It would have to be available in Canada. Thanks for any info.

Don't know if they can ship outside the US, but AHR is making stocks for CZ-550. https://americanhuntingrifles.com/new-products/

Wayne at AHR might also have some plain wood stocks that he removes from rifles when he is doing an upgrade.

Thanks for the suggestions guy's, but being in Canada creates a whole set of problems when trying to get firearm parts from the U.S At best it's tricky and in most cases impossible. I can get the B&C stock thru a dealer in western Canada, but am trying to find out for sure whether it can fit my particular 550, due to the single recoil lug.

Thanks for the suggestions guy's, but being in Canada creates a whole set of problems when trying to get firearm parts from the U.S At best it's tricky and in most cases impossible. I can get the B&C stock thru a dealer in western Canada, but am trying to find out for sure whether it can fit my particular 550, due to the single recoil lug.

Is the recoil lug in same position as one of the two that others have?....if so why would it matter as surely just slot into that space....but I haven't a clue about this stuff so...but the one I got from cz custom only has one as far as I can tell...but as I said....

20200726_191926.jpg
20200726_191250.jpg

If it's a 550 American, long action, Boyd's laminate is another option.

Just to be clear, the stock i'm looking at is B&C #755230 (tan and black). The retailer told me that it would be a drop in fit for my 416 as long as it has a hinged floor plate and two lugs. My rifle has only one lug. I'm trying to find out if it can be made to fit my rifle, before i spend $475 plus tax and shipping. If i order it and it does not fit, then i am out a restocking fee plus round trip shipping across the country.

Do not know if McMillian has rep in Canada but my 550 is being restocked synthetic and it only has the one recoil lug.
Lead time is 8 mo to a year

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 6.45.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 6.45.53 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 6.45.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 6.45.53 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 213
Just to be clear, the stock i'm looking at is B&C #755230 (tan and black). The retailer told me that it would be a drop in fit for my 416 as long as it has a hinged floor plate and two lugs. My rifle has only one lug. I'm trying to find out if it can be made to fit my rifle, before i spend $475 plus tax and shipping. If i order it and it does not fit, then i am out a restocking fee plus round trip shipping across the country.

I think you will find that B&C provide the aramid synthetic stocks for cz...look closely at the side photo of my stock...its the same apart from colour scheme that you ste talking about

Another option in laminate, Richards microfit. They list four 550 stocks.

I suggest you talk to someone on the shop floor at Bell & Carlson. The retailer "probably" knows what he's talking about, but best to get advice directly from the horses mouth. IMO.

Well, today i got it strait from the horse's mouth. A B&C rep states that the model sold as the one for the 550magnum only fits newer models with 2 recoil lugs. The model sold as the 550sporter is needed for older, one lug rifles, even if they are 550magnums. Go figure. At least now i know i ordered the right one today.
Much thanks to all who took the time to try and help.

I have restocked several CZ 550s with Bell and Carlson stocks. I have been 100% satisfied, sometimes I have had to do a very minor amount of fitting, usually it is due to using a timney trigger. I believe that the CZ Aramid stock and the B&C stock are one and the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg