Re-introduction from AK

CodyBoots

AH member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’ve been a member for about five years or so. I’m an active duty service member who’s in the Interior of Alaska. We have big plans for moose, caribou, and I’ll be packing for a buddy’s sheep hunt in August. We recently attended a banquet and I ended up being the winning bidder on a South African PG hunt. Myself and two friends will be going. It’s still early but we’re getting on the books for 2023. All three will be adding kudu to the list as well as two Cape Buffalo. It was almost out of spite due to ADFG not showing pity on us when we received our draw results.

So we have 2 seasons and some change to budget and make it one heck of a first safari.

If there’s any experienced folks in Alaska that wouldn’t mind sharing some knowledge with some younger, eager folks. Don’t hesitate to reach out!

Cody

Hi Cody:
Send me a PM and I'll send my contacts. I'm between Willow and Talkeetna on the Parks and have 20+ trips to Africa. Hope to be going again in June. Where are you located?
Cal

Welcome back Cody!

Welcome back!

Hi Cody,

Welcome back and thank you for your service to our country.

I’ve only been to Africa 5 times and so, there are others here much more experienced than I am.
That said, I nonetheless will be happy to answer any questions you might ask, to the best of my ability.
If I don’t know the answer, I will refer you to someone who does.

I work for Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia.
However, like yourself, I am an Alaskan.
I live in Anchorage.

Best Regards,
Paul.

Sounds like you guys have a great couple years ahead!! Good luck

Welcome back to AH, I see two of our most knowledgeable Alaskans @cal pappas and @Velo Dog have reached out to you please take them up on their offer to help you out if you have any questions. Good luck and enjoy the planning, it's half the fun.

Giday Cody and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome back!

With buffalos and PG its going to be fantastic!
Welcome back to the forum!

Welcome to AH.
There is plenty of help in the pages of AH.
You have already been contacted by some of the Alaskans.
Have fun planning your adventure.

Wow Cody you are diving in deep with hunting plans. Have you been stationed in Alaska long enough to get your residency?

Wow Cody you are diving in deep with hunting plans. Have you been stationed in Alaska long enough to get your residency?

I’ll technically hit the requirement by the end of the year. Two close friends are residents and are heavy hitters in the woods.

My buddy’s sheep hunt is the big trip we’re planning for and committing time too. We have a mutual friend who’s been up here for years who has a moose camp that’s a few hours outside of town. Pretty exciting stuff... definitely beats my last few duty stations by a long shot.

CodyBoots, welcome back! It sounds like you and your buds have a great plan started!

:S Welcome:

Welcome

Hello everyone,

I’ve been a member for about five years or so. I’m an active duty service member who’s in the Interior of Alaska. We have big plans for moose, caribou, and I’ll be packing for a buddy’s sheep hunt in August. We recently attended a banquet and I ended up being the winning bidder on a South African PG hunt. Myself and two friends will be going. It’s still early but we’re getting on the books for 2023. All three will be adding kudu to the list as well as two Cape Buffalo. It was almost out of spite due to ADFG not showing pity on us when we received our draw results.

So we have 2 seasons and some change to budget and make it one heck of a first safari.

If there’s any experienced folks in Alaska that wouldn’t mind sharing some knowledge with some younger, eager folks. Don’t hesitate to reach out!

Cody
Cody check out my posts here and my YouTube channel for help in planning your safari. I’m always here to offer advice in any way can.
Philip

Welcome to AH, Cody!

Greetings and welcome back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.