Rare Trophy Room Book For Sale – Wanderings Of An Elephant Hunter By WDM Bell First Edition 1923

vette447

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA (AK,CO,NM,WY,TX,KS,OK), Namibia, South Africa, Argentina, France
I am selling one of my rare trophy room books. This is a copy of the original first edition of Karamojo Bell's book describing his life elephant hunting back in the golden age of ivory hunters. The book is in very good condition overall with some rounding of the covers but the gold gilding is still shiny on the title sections of the covers and the pages are clean and crisp (see pics). There is a light inscription in pencil in the front cover. It appears to be someone's name and "Presented to Zoological Society" but I am not 100% sure. This book has been reprinted in several editions including a Limited Edition from the Safari Press this past year. However, this is your chance to own a very nice copy of the original First Edition that is now 95 years old.

Price is $300 + $10 shipping (USA Only, may be a few dollars more for AK or HI). I can accept USPS MO or Paypal (please add 3.5% for Paypal). Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!

1A0EC123-9CBB-41AD-B732-54DF6311A975_zpsfpk8nimz.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
What a great book. Some lucky collector is going to be very happy.

vette447

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA (AK,CO,NM,WY,TX,KS,OK), Namibia, South Africa, Argentina, France
Book is SPF to wesheltonj

Thanks guys, I knew the folks in this community would appreciate a book like this and I am glad it is staying "in the family" so to speak.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
That's a good price. Depending on condition, they start around $400 and can go north of $1500.

Latest profile posts

pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.
On the ocean or in the bush .