Rare Trophy Room Book For Sale – Man-Eaters Of Tsavo By Col Patterson First Edition 1907

Agreed, by the time I saw it yesterday, AZDave already had made the deal!!!!
Damn that Dave :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: He got a good'n and congrats to him :):):)

Vette,

One question please for my education: why does a "first edition" have both the date of the "first edition" and a "reprinted date" listed? To a layman it seems like when they printed the first edition they wouldn't have known at what date it was going to be reprinted? I realize that it is only one month later and an exact reprint of the first edition, but it seems like it would effect the value etc. I have just begun collecting these classic books and this information would be helpful.

Hey guys, sorry. Been super busy today. This is a good question and a common thing to look for in these old (very cool) books. This copy is a true first edition as part of the second printing, which is what that inscription you asked about details. I have actually seen some copies of this book as a first edition, third printing showing the dates you noted in my pic along with a third printing date. Copies of books this age that are first edition, first printing would not have dates listed on that page and are extremely rare as they are over 100 years old and, as you can surmised from that page, the first printing took place over less than one month so was probably a limited printing to begin with. I hope this makes sense but, if not, I am happy to answer other questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the explanation! you should post some of those other duplicates you have here. I think you've found an interested audience!

@PHOENIX PHIL That movie has become one of my wife's favourites so this will be a Christmas present for her. I will bring her by the booth at SCI and if you talk nice she might let you borrow it, that way you will have to come down to southern AZ and can go out and burn some gunpowder in my doubles.
One of my favorite films as well! I watched it a few times before I jumped the pond for my first safari. I may need time watch it again soon.

Book arrived in great shape. thank you. Sorry it took a while for me to respond as I was out of town for a couple weeks. Have a Merry Christmas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!