Rare Marlin 1895 45/70 Lever Action (1st year 1972)

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
RARE Classic Style Marlin 1895,unfired NIB, made in 1972, 45-70 caliber, 22 inch barrel. Has a 4 shot tube magazine, open sights, straight grip stock, with curved hard plastic Marlin butt plate. Serial number "BO" shows that this was a 1972 made gun. No hammer block safety. This gun is an absolutely beautiful specimen that is almost 50 years old and unfired! Has a very minor scratch on forearm near receiver, and a small mark on underside of buttstock near toe. Has 3 minor rub through spots on top of barrel from box or being in a safe. Comes with factory box. $1150 shpd firm...
GREAT BEAR RIFLE!

20211106-102019.jpg
20211106-101956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they are fine rifles, i think better than the newer ones, mine has a B001920 serial number and has taken alot of deer. top is my 95 in 45-70, bottom is my sporter 94 in 44 mag.

DSCN9971 (3).JPG
DSCN9972 (3).JPG
DSCN9974 (2).JPG

IS IT SOLD? DIDNT SEE ANYBODY REPLY HERE? IF NOT ILL TAKE IT.

Instead of starting a new post since I sold the Marlin earlier this was the scope intended for it...
Brand New in the Factory Box with the cool Pig Plex ..Great for low light and close stuff!! $300 shpd to your door and NO TAX!!

E665916C-ED92-4838-995B-027AEE02BA20.jpeg
9A1959E6-3D5A-4A68-8C61-E1628EAA29C1.jpeg
6B29812B-E0B0-43F8-A47B-B6CBC966C851.jpeg

the 94 sporter in 44 mag is a hard one to find as less than 1500 were made, when i bought mine i just liked it as a companion to the 95 as they look alike. i didn,t know about the low production numbers.

so how do your listings work? Is it first to reply ILL TAKE IT...gets it or ???

I had a deal working on it before you ...very sorry! I did find another identical New in box on Gunbroker right now! See attached photo and Good Luck
Screenshot_20211107-091610_Chrome.jpg

the 94 sporter in 44 mag is a hard one to find as less than 1500 were made, when i bought mine i just liked it as a companion to the 95 as they look alike. i didn,t know about the low production numbers.
I didn't realize your 44 was that model..I have a regular 70s model but in the shop now being converted to a 16" Trapper and getting a complete slicked up action job and then a red dot for some close action hunting!
(This is a clean mount for the Leupold Red Dots..I have a extra if needed)
Screenshot_20211027-092313_eBay.jpg

Hmmm, perhaps there should be some rules if you want to post for sale items on AH? If you post here surely it would be reasonable to expect that if someone responds in a reasonable time then it is sold to them?
In my own case I responded and 'took' a pair of Swarovski minibinos from Safarikid and believed it was all good, only to be informed a day later 'oh sorry, they were sold to someone else'. A bit disrespectful of ys and the site I think.

It should be disclosed that the items is for sale on other sites or locally. And, stated, first come, first serve. That's just being a gentlemen.

"NORMAL" listing practices in a forum setting are 1st to reply ILL TAKE IT gets it! Ive had same issue so yes, he does need to get the rules in place cuz its willy nilly now and a time waster.

Hmmm, perhaps there should be some rules if you want to post for sale items on AH? If you post here surely it would be reasonable to expect that if someone responds in a reasonable time then it is sold to them?
In my own case I responded and 'took' a pair of Swarovski minibinos from Safarikid and believed it was all good, only to be informed a day later 'oh sorry, they were sold to someone else'. A bit disrespectful of ys and the site I think.
Guys...I am sorry if someone else took the item before you responded to my post..I really am! It has happened to me also on several occasions...
Now Kevin...Your words about the binoculars I posted in early September a few months back are not entirely correct sir...you did NOT say you wanted them at that time,or else they would have been yours...I went back and instead of quoting here I just did a snapshot of that conversation to make sure I did not do what you eluded to....
Please look at the pics of that conversation below of that as nowhere do I see i take them ? Your issue was getting them to you and in the meantime they did sell...
Also when I list anything for sale here (not much left anymore as I sold a good bit of my years of hording neat possessions and firearms) I WILL make it known first" I'll take it owns it"...and yes,I have at times multipost a item on another favorite site that I been member of since 2003 ...
I again will say I am Truly sorry that the gentleman here missed out on the 45/70 but so did 2 others who wanted it...(I did find him another exactly like it if he wants to purchase that one)
Screenshot_20211108-064221.jpg
Screenshot_20211108-064238.jpg

"NORMAL" listing practices in a forum setting are 1st to reply ILL TAKE IT gets it! Ive had same issue so yes, he does need to get the rules in place cuz its willy nilly now and a time waster.
It will be done on all my future postings

Not everyone posts an "I'll take it" on the thread. Many of my sales are from those who see the advert and just PM me. Some who view the adverts and are not members here send an email if I have done business with them in the past. I think is is fairly common on all for sale forums. My only wish here on AH is sellers could edit their original post when an item sells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross