rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
To all the vintage rifle folks out there:

As you may be aware, finding large eye swivel studs for your stocks are near impossible. They haven't made them in about 75 years. Of course when they fall out people are then forced to install modern swivel eyes in their stocks which looks goofy, OR pay $150 to make a stud. These types of studs can be used with modern swivels too, but more importantly they are compatible with throng style slings and fish hook swivels as was used in the good ole' bad days. A british double rifle or magazine rifle isn't right without them.

It turns out that Numrich's has them on clearance for $4 each!

Just passing out the word.

Seems that I may be late to the party, but... Do you happen to have a link to these? None of the search terms that I entered panned out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.01.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.01.37 PM.png
    631.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.01.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.01.38 PM.png
    692.6 KB · Views: 70
Thanks, I've put some on order.
Whoever refurbished the stock on my double replaced the large eye studs with the modern, smaller ones. This should be an easy fix for the stock stud. I'm thinking that the barrel stud can be replaced with another one of these, cut down to proper size and soldered into place. Should be a relatively easy fix; but am ordering an extra just in case.

Thanks, I've put some on order.
Whoever refurbished the stock on my double replaced the large eye studs with the modern, smaller ones. This should be an easy fix for the stock stud. I'm thinking that the barrel stud can be replaced with another one of these, cut down to proper size and soldered into place. Should be a relatively easy fix; but am ordering an extra just in case.

I've had similar mismatches which have created pains. One was a european double rifle with a soldered swivel on the barrel (EU size) and an Uncle Mike's style (USA size) on the stock. No sling in the world would work. The sling swivels were either too big on one end or too small on the other. I was able to find a new EU stud from NECG to get them back to the same size, then expensive EAW/Reckhangel EU sling swivels so I could affix a sling.

Shadetree gunsmiths, or even great American gunsmiths rarely consider the international differences between these components and how they cannot be mixed and matched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you