Rapid PCR COVID-19 rest in Houston, TX area?

whitetail

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe
Good evening AH forum friends- I was wondering if anyone here in the greater Houston, TX area knows where to be able to get a quick turnaround COVID 19 PCR test with a fairly rapid turnaround time (less than 24 hours- preferably within a few hours)? A friend is looking to head to Namibia in mid November and can’t find a place to get the test so that they may receive their test result prior to boarding the plane out of Houston prior to departure to Windhoek and still be within the required 72 hours prior to arrival in Windhoek as per the Namibia protocol. Any advice or info would be appreciated!

I found this while looking myself, but I see some countries in their FAQs won’t accept it because it’s considered an at home test. Possibly have a doctor certify it was done at their office?

CVS Pharmacies are offering drive through PCR testing, by appointment, at several locations around town. According to their website, results can be available same day or 2-3 days.

The Clinic at Houston Area Safety Council just tested a whole crew for me and had results back within 6-8 hours.

The Clinic at Houston Area Safety Council just tested a whole crew for me and had results back within 6-8 hours.
I don’t live in Houston, but I’ve been trying to research this 72 hour requirement. Everything I find says 1-3 business days up to a week to get results back, was this the PCR test? It’s a good sign if parts of the country are getting faster

One more way to complicate things. It's next to impossible to get results in 72 hours. I guess Namibia isn't too concerned about increasing US hunter participation.

We found a clinic just outside of Tyler Texas that says 24-48 hrs. The person doing the test said they would have results next day because lab they use is in Tyler. That’s where we’re going. Our flight to Namibia on Qatar for October 3rd just got canceled. Next flights start on 15 October. So now we will try again for October 17 arrival to Namibia.

I don’t live in Houston, but I’ve been trying to research this 72 hour requirement. Everything I find says 1-3 business days up to a week to get results back, was this the PCR test? It’s a good sign if parts of the country are getting faster
Yes it was, had my people report to the clinic at 7am and most had results back by 1pm, all had them back to return to duty the next morning.
All crew members had been in close contact with one of the customers inspectors for days when he found out he had it. The only one that tested positive was a hole watchthat did not interact with the inspector but she did recently attend a protest/funeral for the convicted felon George Floyd. Odd how this Wuhan Flu spreads isn’t it?

Just for chits and giggles, I am working with a client on a rush project(as in one week start to finish) for the electrical power to a new Covid lab facility in an existing space within a mile of Nashville International Airport. When I asked the contractor what the big rush was, were they afraid they would miss their window for testing, he indicated it was for the new requirements for international travel, both incoming and outgoing, to turn test around in less than 8 hours. Go figure as all these flights start opening up. Pretty darn smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois