Rapid fire practice with 9.3x62

Great video. Looks like a lot of fun!

@spike.t it is a 1924 Mauser Oberndorf Type B. It came from a farming family in Zimbabwe. They left and brought it to NZ. When they moved to Aus they sold it and I am its second NZ owner.
The rifle came with a few 286gr Norma Solids and has quite a few marks on the stock. The rear sight has also been filed out in to more of an express sight.
I reckon the rifle has taken buff and lots of other game, possibly elephant?
The rapid shooting is a huge amount of fun, especially with the targets where you get instant feedback if you hit or miss.

Attachments

• Mauser93x62_zpsb9120a09.jpg
    Mauser93x62_zpsb9120a09.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 337
Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad for a Kiwi.

Wow looks like you been having fun without me
My 9.3 x 62 is also an old Mauser 1926 in Zimbabwe.
image.jpg

Have changed the stock due to crack and the bore is worn, they tell me I will be lucky to get 2 inch group at 100metres.

I am very keen to copy the balloon shoot, wish I had seen it earlier before I went to the range yesterday.
My 9.3 always goes with and I am always planning on keeping lots of ammo in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,