Ramcat broadheads for Plains game

chiefdale

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
any comments on performance of ramcat for use on plains game.shot 150 grain drt broadhead this week from dirtnap shot accurate like field tip at twenty yards with no wind .with crosswind at twenty yards was all over the place.broadhead did make sound like a bottle rocket before it lifts off as it went midway to target. definitely can hear the arrow coming when standing near target.

I've never shot Ramcats but I don't know why they wouldn't do just fine.

I am hunting plains game in August and will be using Slick Trick broadheads. The only concession I'm making to the larger bodied animals from my whitetail set-up is going from 100 grain to 125 grain broadheads and adding some 50 grain weights that screw into the back of my inserts. Brings my arrow weight up to 480gr and my FOC to 14.5%.

Have never shot Ramcat broadheads. cross wind will affect almost any broadhead. if you have enough fletching and helical to steer the broadhead, proper tuned bow will help. Forrest

Never shot ram cats. I'm still and always will be a G5 monotech fan. Best broadheads ever. Never had anything make it past 30 yards.

I've shot kudu, zebra(2), red lechwe, bushbuck, warthog and mountain reedbuck with Ramcats. Based on those experiences one gets large holes, deep penetration, significant bleeding and short blood trails when using 125 gr. Ramcats. I would add they are very sharp and have excellent flight characteristics as well. The blades do tend to do some bending during the process but it doesn't seem to decrease their effectiveness on the animal. I would suggest changing the blades every time you shoot them into an animal.

I like them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg