R8 silence 300 Win Mag

Stefan_R8

Reaction score
Member of
SA hunt
Hunted
SA, Botswana, Namibia
Hi all,

I can’t find any decent / first hand reviews of the R8 silence online ? The integrated barrel looks great and prelim reviews by Gunmart etc online of caliber 308 in R8 silence is very positive.

I am interested in the 300 win mag in R8 silence for various reasons including reduced recoil, suppressor, size of rifle and balance.

I do not like traditional bolt-on suppressors, as it messes with the length and balance of a rifle.

Any feedback relating to 300wm caliber on this rifle will be much appreciated ! Accuracy, range, kick etc

)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really help with any more information. I just saw this rifle for the first time yesterday in a skills day video on Field Sports Britain. I think more information will start popping up in the near future.

The R8 is in my opinion the best factory produced hunting rifle in the world. The .300 Win Mag is a classic plains game cartridge, and along with the .300 Weatherby, a classic do anything anywhere caliber. However, I have no use for the suppressor so have no insight with regard to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg