R8 silence 300 Win Mag

Discussion in 'Up To .375' started by Stefan_R8, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Stefan_R8

Stefan_R8 New Member

Member of:
    SA hunt
    Hunted:
    SA, Botswana, Namibia
    Hi all,

I can’t find any decent / first hand reviews of the R8 silence online ? The integrated barrel looks great and prelim reviews by Gunmart etc online of caliber 308 in R8 silence is very positive.

I am interested in the 300 win mag in R8 silence for various reasons including reduced recoil, suppressor, size of rifle and balance.

I do not like traditional bolt-on suppressors, as it messes with the length and balance of a rifle.

Any feedback relating to 300wm caliber on this rifle will be much appreciated ! Accuracy, range, kick etc

)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
    Shootist43 likes this.

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    Can't really help with any more information. I just saw this rifle for the first time yesterday in a skills day video on Field Sports Britain. I think more information will start popping up in the near future.

sierraone likes this.

3. Red Leg

Red Leg AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
    The R8 is in my opinion the best factory produced hunting rifle in the world. The .300 Win Mag is a classic plains game cartridge, and along with the .300 Weatherby, a classic do anything anywhere caliber. However, I have no use for the suppressor so have no insight with regard to it.

sierraone likes this.