R8 25 5/8" Barrel Trade For R8 20.5" Barrel

Lkhntr

AH senior member
Reaction score
I have an R8 factory 9.3×62 magnum length 25 5/8" barrel (not the standard length 22 5/8") I special ordered from Blaser. It is a standard contour with sights, has 1 box of ammo thru it, and is in like new condition. I would trade for a R8 factory Blaser 20.5″ 9.3×62 barrel with a low round count and in very good condition. I am not looking to sell or any other caliber. I have decided to go in a different direction, instead of going for the benefits of a longer barrel, I am going to go for the convenience in carrying. I am wanting it short to carry on a trailbike.

Thanks for looking,

Not sure if you care for this kind of advice, but you could simply cut the barrel.

I did that, and had it crowned on a Blaser 300 win mag barrel. But there is the cost to cut and crown, cost to reattach the sight, and the front of the barrel no longer has the Blaser finish. This is definitely an option I will consider if I get no interest in a trade.

I agree, Blaser will cut the barrel down very reasonably, crow to factory and reinstall the sights. You will never tell the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross