Questions about barrel for medium action CZ550B

Thorhart

Reaction score
Good morning,

Just discovered this forum searching the Web -- seems like there are a number of people here familiar with the CZ 550. I am not -- I mostly know old C&R stuff.

I traded a stripped Anderson AR15 lower for a complete CZ550 medium action awhile back and have been looking to build it up into a nice rifle.

The action seems to be one of the ones Brownell's sold for awhile. It appears to be brand-new. I'm thinking about building it up as a 9.3X62, since that is a caliber I do not have (though 6.5 Swede and .30-06 are both still under consideration -- calibers I do have).

Last year I found a new CZ walnut stock for it, which looks to be for the 9.3X62, based on the crossbolt holes. I'm not sure what model of 550 is from -- maybe the American?

And here is where my complete ignorance of hunting rifles comes into play -- what contour barrel should I get to best fit this stock? I'm looking to get it assembled with a minimum of custom gunsmithing beyond fitting the barrel to the receiver and bedding. I contacted CZ and they were not much help.

What about the crossbolts? Are those a generic type item, or are they something specific to this stock (it did not come with any). Are there any other components I need to purchase? I attached a few pics below.

Thanks,
John

rifle1-jpg.481355

rifle2-jpg.481356

rifle3-jpg.481357

Attachments

• Rifle1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 113
  • Rifle2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 112
  • Rifle3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Adding a pic of the bottom of the action.

rifle4-jpg.481366

Attachments

• rifle4.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg