Question for the taxidermist

Hunt anything

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I was curious if there is a good way to get the manes on kudu, sable and roan to stand up? All of the pictures you see of live animals have erect manes and on my mounts the manes are starting to droop a bit in spots, thanks AH

00080878044528.jpg

While @BRICKBURN s trick will help, the trick is to get the hair to stand is during the mounting process. Unfortunately to really get the hair to stand a long time is to thin the cape enough in that area to slightly expose the hair roots without loosing all the hair. The back neck mane is the hardest to accomplish this on.

If the hair isn’t trained during the mounting process then any after mount process will never be as successful in achieving the right look, but better than laying flat. In addition to hair products using a hot, flat iron (see your wife) is also productive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShoshanaHe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross