Question for European/Czech members:

Tango

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Czech Republic
A close friend from Czech Republic will be hunting South Africa with me this summer. He'd like to bring his own rifle of course and we're wondering about flights from Prague to Johannesburg. Most connect via Amsterdam, but I've always heard that airport should be avoided with firearms. Not sure if this is true? What are the best routes into Johannesburg from Europe (Prague specifically if possible) when flying with your rifle. Many thanks for the advice.

Hi guys, I am Dutch, hunted in Africa about 30 times, and avoid Amsterdam/Schiphol as the plague.
You should absolutely fly from Frankfurt!!!!
Take care and enjoy.

And you will need a European Weapon Passport in any case!

Hi guys, I am Dutch, hunted in Africa about 30 times, and avoid Amsterdam/Schiphol as the plague.
You should absolutely fly from Frankfurt!!!!
Take care and enjoy.

Agree here

To bring weapon into SA is no problem
U can get weapon permit before time with henry from riflepermits.com. Or you can clear yourself

From Frankurt absolutely no problem. Just some fee (250 euro/leg) with Eurowings / Lufthansa on the way back

Zurich is also trouble free

Many thanks guys! I'll pass this along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross