Queensland Gun Exchange Closing

Zambezi

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Just a heads up to those able to take advantage. Some very nice discounts on offer.

I got a compound bow (think it was Max Hunter) for $300 (50% off). Only ever shot a compound once before and I know next to nothing about bow hunting. It is a 25-65lb bow.
I'll only handle it when I get to Oz on holiday

To my mind, an unfortunate happening; less competition in the market, driven by anti-gun" interests??

To my mind, an unfortunate happening; less competition in the market, driven by anti-gun" interests??
I read some where that they are moving to new premises, do not know if that is fact, it was a shit of a place to park & inner city traffic was not a lot of fun to get there, & a lot of their staff did not know a lot about their products.

I read some where that they are moving to new premises, do not know if that is fact, it was a shit of a place to park & inner city traffic was not a lot of fun to get there, & a lot of their staff did not know a lot about their products.
I surely hope so; their present location is traffic-bound, and as r-dog wrote above ...

I hope the decision was based on geography and not like the gunshops in Seattle, WA which were basically closed by the city council levying taxes.

The owner said he has been in business for 37 years or something like that and he was just tired of it. Kids and grandkids were not interested. If this is true I think the last 2-3 years would have been difficult as customers were probably giving him attitude due to non-availability of ammo and reloading components as well as soaring prices on everything.

But it would be great if he was just moving location.

Probably a difficult market with Cleavers being well known.

I haven't been to either in person but bought online.

Last edited:
Google has them listed as closed and it seems they sold to property developers

I believe that the property was worth a fortune, it was a difficult place to get to with traffic & hard to park . Cleaver firearms would not have helped with their
pricing if you can live with their poor service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdalbertoC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.