AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.animalartistry.com
Media
Articles
Dual Leopard Mount
Custom mounts require a lot of mannikin manipulation. The end result of custom mounts are dynamic and hyper-realistic scenes you can relive daily. Here we have two Leopards clashing in mid-air!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Animal Artistry

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.animalartistry.com
Media
Articles
My Favorite Taxidermy Mount

Mule - LS04.jpg

If you ask most artists what their favorite project is, it is usually the last one they completed. However, when I look back at over 40 years of doing taxidermy, several projects stand out, but one was a turning point and still remains a favorite — both for the subject matter (Mule Deer) and for the innovative concept that became the vision for Animal Artistry.

Animals in Motion

I was still working in my garage, and one of my favorite species to hunt was Nevada Mule Deer. I wanted to depict them in motion, so I created two bucks bounding over a dead fall in the high desert. The first buck is landing on one front leg, hind legs trailing. The second buck is at the peak of his arc and suspended off the hip of the buck that has just landed: it gives the appearance that he is completely airborne.

Meeting the Right People

I remember having the concept, but I was unsure how to execute it. Luckily, I had the good fortune of meeting a young welder who knew the kind of materials that would support such a project and agreed to work with me. Getting the first buck landing on his front leg was not difficult, but we still had to bring support through the body of that deer to the hip where we could put in a square stock and suspend the second deer. I remember when we had gone through the process and finally set the second deer on the square stock and everything held — he was airborne.

A Winning Taxidermy Mount

That mount won People’s Choice at Safari Club, was taken to the Governor’s Inaugural Dinner, and entitled “Silver State Flyers.” We have redone it a couple times since with much better taxidermy, but the first time was so meaningful: it really was the beginning of the Animal Artistry concept of animals in motion.

Animal Artistry

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.animalartistry.com
Media
Articles
Mountain Lion SPECIAL - Life Size Mountain Lion
Original Price: $7150
Special Price: $5500 + skinning* and completed in 90 Days
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Special Price valid until 12/31/2020.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
IN ADDITION to our special price and 90-day guarantee, we will be available 24/7 for any drop offs. If you harvest an animal, call Stewart Brown at 775-342-7231 or 775-622-4205 for assistance outside normal business hours.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Animal Artistry

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.animalartistry.com
Media
Articles
No Windows!!!

2 Bears.jpg

One of the things we fight constantly when clients are designing or creating a trophy room is windows. There is an understandable desire to want to look out and see nature while being in your trophy room or utilize natural light; however, windows are a BIG problem.

Ultraviolet Rays

The first and probably most significant problem is any window (even north facing or tinted) lets in ultraviolet rays. Ultraviolet rays bleach and burn mounted animal trophies without exception. It happens gradually, so you do not see it, but it eventually shows itself: the hunter moves his or her animals and sees the damage the sun has done. The sad part is there is no remedy to this — the damage cannot be undone.

Taxidermy Positioned Near Windows

The animal trophy below was positioned near a widow for over 15 years. As you can clearly see, the damage to the animal fur from the sun is more than evident.

1600440596897.jpeg

Taxidermy Positioned Near Artificial Light

The animal trophy below was mounted and positioned away from windows and under artificial light for over 25 years. Unlike the above photos, in the photos below, you can clearly see how the animal fur has maintained its color throughout the years.

20200908_122340.jpg

Designing a Trophy Room

What we try to teach our clients is your trophy room should be an enclosed space with artificial light that can be controlled. There can and should be a place within the room where you can step outside onto a deck or a veranda and enjoy nature, but the room itself needs to be protected from ultraviolet light. I cannot emphasize this enough: windows cause irreparable damage!

Animal Artistry

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.animalartistry.com
Media
Articles
You Are the Client – You Get What YOU Want

Brown Bear - LS06.jpg

Over the years, we have been able to suggest a lot of creative ideas for custom taxidermy mounts, and many clients defer to us, saying, “You’re the experts, whatever you think.”

What You Want Is What You Get

We are glad to proceed that way, but equally, there are clients who have very specific things they want to see in their mount. It could be something germane to that specific animal that they want reflected in their final mount. It could be something that has to fit in a very peculiar place. It could also be a gesture that they have had in their mind or seen a photograph of that they would like in their mount.

We Are Here for You

Whatever the case, Animal Artistry loves to give the client exactly what they are looking for. This is what it means to be a custom taxidermy studio. We do not buy a generic mannikin and produce a commercial mount. Each mount has its own personality and is designed for its best attributes and for what you, the client, are wanting.

Leopard_LS043.jpg

A Real-Life Example

Just today I spoke with a client on the phone who was disappointed in seeing taxidermy photos of the various Cape Buffalo that were all black. His experience was that they were a different color in real life, and he wanted to see that color in his Buffalo. We were only too glad to accommodate this and work extensively with him to get the color and look he wants.

Ensuring the Results

One of the policies we have at Animal Artistry is that we require kill photos from clients so we can see the unique features of an animal. In addition to those kill photos, we photograph the finished piece and email it to the client prior to shipping. This gives the client the opportunity to look at every facet of the piece and decide if there are things they want changed.

Tur - LS06_IG.jpg

The Takeaway
You are the client – you get what you want.

Animal Artistry

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.animalartistry.com
Media
Articles
The WAITING is OVER! Take advantage of Animal Artistry's 90-DAY TURNAROUND! No more waiting for your trophy to arrive. Get it done in 90 days -- guaranteed.
90-day_promo.png

Animal Artistry

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.animalartistry.com
Media
Articles
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Pronghorn Antelope Shoulder Mounts
Original Price: $955
Special Price: $725 Out the Door* & Completed in 90 Days!

*This special is ONLY valid through 8/1/2020 to 12/31/2020. Prices are ALL INCLUSIVE — no hidden fees, no additional costs for skinning, tanning, etc.

IN ADDITION to our special price and - , we will be / . If you harvest an animal, call Stewart Brown at 775-342-7231 (cell) or 775-622-4205 (home) for assistance.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Valid through 8/1/2020 to 12/31/2020

Happy Hunting!

IMG_3644.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeraDalzie

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...