Begger

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, DU, QU, SCI
Hunted
US, Limpopo RSA.
Getting ready to mount a Leupold VX6 onto a Pre-64 model 70 375 H&H. Had good luck in the past with Leupold QR mounts, but just wondering what everyone else’s experiences have been, and wondering what mounts would bE recommended for this setup.

I use Talley for most everything, but if I already had Leupolds, I really don't think I would buy something different.

Talley

warne is 1st choice. weaver also good.

Just curious on so many Talley votes? I have only one rifle set up with Talley and half a dozen with Warne. What are the pluses for Talley?

lost count with the minus one count...+5 Talley? I have it on my 375--absolutely repeatable zero with multiple taking it on and off the rifle. My choice for Talley is simple--the manufacturing facility is 25 minutes from my home and the owner installed them on my rifle!

lost count with the minus one count...+5 Talley? I have it on my 375--absolutely repeatable zero with multiple taking it on and off the rifle. My choice for Talley is simple--the manufacturing facility is 25 minutes from my home and the owner installed them on my rifle!
Any factory seconds ? Shopsoiled ? Just asking for a friend

Just purchased warne QD rings for my 404.

Just curious on so many Talley votes? I have only one rifle set up with Talley and half a dozen with Warne. What are the pluses for Talley?
They are about the same IMO. The only one that seems significantly better is Alaska Arms and it is only for certain makes.
I would use which ever one you like but don’t take it off unless you have to. ie don’t take it off for traveling, just leave it on.
Philip

Alaskan if they make it for your rifle and talley for everything else

I have Alaskan on one of my Rugers and Talley on a Winchester. Happy with both.

I have Alaskan Arms rings on my Heym 416 and they absolutely return to zero. I have
Talley on my Dakota 375 and have no issues with the Talley rings. I have shied away from Leupold QRs since I had the bottom of one of their stud mount QR rings fail.

I have Leupold QR rings on my 30-06 and 375 H&H. Both have been to Africa twice. I am well pleased with them and would not hesitate to put them on another rifle. I have used Talley rings also and they are well made, too. No flies on them either.

I’ve used warne, tally, and leupold QD’s... honestly I’ve never had an issue with any of them... and usually buy whatever is readily available...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you