Q&A with Boddington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Known fact in Africa one of his daughter's shot a PH in the arm with a 458 win mag, wasn't to healthy after that.
Never heard anything about it outside Africa.
Your "known fact" is wrong. It was a Leopard hunt over dogs in Namibia and the tracker/handler, not the PH, was the one wounded - in the hip . I believe the rifle was a 7-08. He was also badly chewed on by the cat - an unfortunate accident that has nothing to do with my opinion about Boddington. I don't know if anyone bid on these hunts or not, or what eventually became of the tracker. Someone here may. I also don't know if Boddington reached for his own check book. It was broadly discussed among a number of forums.

http://**NOT**PERMITTED**.com/craig-boddingtons-daughter-involved-in-leopard-hunting-accident/

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/showthread.php?t=84458

Last edited:
So, yer sayin’ she likes her eggs over easy?
And really? Cosmo?! Do we need to revisit the topic of what links are acceptable to post on AH? :E Frightened:
:E Happy:

If we were going to chase Alice down a Rabbit hole I had to join in.

I think I might take up fishing.

:(

Another bit about the daughter shooting a person. CB was selling his underwear (used t-shirts) as a fundraiser to help pay for his care. I give him credit for trying to raise money for the guy, but if I was going to buy used underwear it would not be CB's.

Regarding keeping is guns. Fact the only long gun above a .22 that he listed as owning was a Winchester Featherweight in .308. Makes you wonder about all of his guns that he writes about.

Then of course you have the field promotion, where he was just following orders.

Last edited:
I seem to remember an article his daughter wrote for one of the sporting magazines, possibly "Field and Stream", about the incident, so it was no secret. I also seem to remember her asking for donations to help the tracker in the same article.

It's called Persevorating.

An EMT's view:
"I’ve found that repetitive questioning is common with trauma, and head injuries specifically. I know that doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone, but I seem to have noticed that the more “damaged” a person is, the shorter the questioning ‘loop’, as well as the time between it being repeated."

It's called avoiding the issue, or cowardice......

dodge, duck, elude, escape, eschew, evade, finesse, get around, scape, shake, shirk, shuffle (out of), shun, weasel (out of) Words Related to avoid. miss. avert, deflect, divert, obviate, parry, prevent, ward (off) ban, bar, debar, eliminate, except, exclude, preclude, rule out.

Some folks will always find a way to bash the guy no matter how old the story or how irrelevant. Then go after his daughter too?o_O Really? Pretty sad.:( Think we can do better....and grow up a little.:eek:

It's called avoiding the issue, or cowardice......

dodge, duck, elude, escape, eschew, evade, finesse, get around, scape, shake, shirk, shuffle (out of), shun, weasel (out of) Words Related to avoid. miss. avert, deflect, divert, obviate, parry, prevent, ward (off) ban, bar, debar, eliminate, except, exclude, preclude, rule out.
Seriously? Still?

I had hoped we were better than this. But as they say about hope . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg