Putting the "Tax" in Taxidermy

glad it all worked out for you tim. Hell even if you had to pay the tax you still saved money getting the work done there but that would not be right if they did charge you tax a year later.

I pick mine up in a month or so.... DFW. clearing my own customs.... I'll report back if they pull the same crap on me.

Got a letter today. Could have been written by the blokes at CNN.

Dear Taxpayer (love being called what I really am to them...not citizen....taxpayer!)

Thank you for your response to our recent inquiry regarding the purchase of the above-referenced imported item. Based on the documentation/information provided, we have concluded that no Texas Use Tax is due on the imported item(s) and no further action is needed on your part.

We have concluded our investigation. However, should the facts change or if there are additional facts from those previously disclosed, our position could be different, and you will be held liable for all taxes due. There is no statute of limitations applicable to periods where taxes have not been filed.

If you have any questions....blah, blah, blah.

Wipe your ass with that letter!

Wipe your ass with that letter!
And then send it back to them and tell them you found some additional facts!

Reactions: BWH
They are wrong you don't owe any tax. Bureaucrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!