AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
south africa,russia,turkey
IMG_1421.JPG

My heart

Nice looking rifle!

For laughs..... @cem rona ergin ... being from the south sometimes when a girl is pretty, we say purdy! So when I saw this headline I chuckled for a moment before I opened the thread.
That being said, I would deem this rifle as "purdy" !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll agree that it looks nice, what size groups does it shoot? Is that some kind of metal bedded in the stock or just a bedding compound? Just curious.

I'll agree that it looks nice, what size groups does it shoot? Is that some kind of metal bedded in the stock or just a bedding compound? Just curious.

Yes it titanium bedded .. as far as accuracy goes they say it is the best .. it is a new product I am sure soon we will be able to hear some reviews..

Sounds like a good gimmick. Metal can be machined to a much tighter tolerance than wood. I wonder if the titanium "saddle" is bedded into the stock using a Devcon (sp) type product? Is it going to have a Mauser Action or just an English copy?

Sounds like a good gimmick. Metal can be machined to a much tighter tolerance than wood. I wonder if the titanium "saddle" is bedded into the stock using a Devcon (sp) type product? Is it going to have a Mauser Action or just an English copy?

At the heart of this new and highly innovative rifle is the ‘Purdey Chassis System’. Made from titanium, the chassis, running from the pistol grip to the forend, is embedded into the walnut stock. Unseen when the rifle is assembled, the action is built directly into the titanium chassis rather than into the wood, as is traditional with Best London rifles. The result is an exceptionally stable bedding platform, one of the keys to an accurate rifle.
The ‘Purdey Chassis System’ runs the full length of the stock and gives a level of stability unseen in Best Quality rifles in the past. As a result, the stock is prevented from moving as atmospheric conditions and moisture levels change. This major advance has allowed Purdey to incorporate a free-floating barrel into the design, allowing consistent barrel harmonics, another key prerequisite to rifle accuracy.
Historically, Best Quality London Rifles were all built around old Mauser actions using German barrels. The new Purdey Bolt-Action Rifle is an all-British product. The double square-bridge controlled-feed action and barrel are both precision engineered in the UK and the rifles are made in Purdey’s London workshop. This new rifle is truly a Best Quality London Rifle.
hope this helps

I'm not trying to be contrary, but there are lots of ways to skin a cat. A properly bedded rifle or better yet a properly pillar bedded rifle with a free floated barrel has been the standard for accuracy for some time. I have no doubt that the idea of titanium bedding will appeal to those with wallets much heavier than mine. But I'd almost be willing to bet that $10.00 worth of Devcon and a little time will achieve the same results.

Cem, one thing for sure, your posts always generate lively discussions. I'm looking forward to this one!!

Pretty sure that these will still be bespoke rifles - meaning one orders exactly what one wishes to whatever dimensions are appropriate, and it will be ready in a couple of years (with a corresponding price tag in the "if you have to ask" category.) I had thought they might be considering challenging Rigby's "off the shelf" semi-custom market, but apparently not. Not sure I would call a hand-inlaid titanium saddle a gimmick. If Purdey is doing it on a bespoke rifle, it is because they believe it creates an extremely strong and accurate rifle on a walnut stock. Would add enormous labor time, but their typical customer will be shopping for that accuracy solution rather than cost. Sure acraglass will bed a rifle - but Purdey will be looking for the "best" solution on a "best" rifle. That sort of difference is not important to me, but to those shopping Purdey, it likely is. Should be a wonderful thing to own.

In heavy recoiling calibers the bedding system will certainly help support the stock, in particular through the magazine well. This, at least as far as I am concerned, would be the greatest benefit.

Red Leg I agree with you 100%. For "Purdey" shoppers that titanium saddle is important and will no doubt be one of their reasons to purchase it. That being said, my comment about the $10.00 worth of Devcon or acraglass and a good free floated barrel is just as true. Both ends of the shooting spectrum's wallets are completely satisfied with their chosen approach to owning an accurate hunting rifle.

I hope you guys realize that I'm chuckling while responding to this. BTW is it true that Blonds are prettier than Brunettes?

Of course they are - I married one!

Now I am really confused!!!

Nice looking rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinagqe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber