Pulled the trigger, 10 months to go!

Ridgerunner

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
After a lot of research and time spent on this board I've pulled the trigger on my first African safari. Will be taking my wife and family to hunt with @Game 4 Africa Safaris in April 2018. I'm pumped to be headed over to the place I've been dreaming of hunting for a long time. Main objective will be kudu, but Nyala is very tempting for me as well. Can't wait to get over there and after it. My kids will get the chance to shoot some cull animals so it should be a fun trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the booking!

Hope you have the hunt of a lifetime!

Congrats! I've just over two months to go, myself. If the actual trip is even half as fun as the planning has been, it'll be amazing still!

Good luck and enjoy- always fun hunting with family
- If you can make it work it in, Nyala is an awesome trophy and usually an enjoyable and challenging hunt

Oh no! Now the whole family will be "hooked" on Africa! Good for you taking the family! Congratulations on your decision and have a great time planning as well as going!

It will likely change everything you get from hunting now. Looking forward to your report and, until then, enjoy a few restless nights' sleep.

Congrats, wish you the best !

Congrats and best of luck.
The waiting will be something else.

Have a great time! 7 more weeks for me!

Congratulations! Enjoy the planning & the experience.

It may seem like a while off, but the time will pass by quickly....and suddenly you've landed and are walking your way thru customs on to SAPS. Savor every minute of this preparation phase as well!

I'm reminded of a quote that still strikes down to my core...

"The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa - for he has so much to look forward to."
Richard Mullin.

when my wife and i went the first time it was for the one time only,ha,ha, weve been 5 times now.love it!!!

Congratulations. With only 9 months to go you and your family must be spending lots of time at a range, shooting off sticks and all that stuff. The time will pass quickly. BTW have you ever waited and watched a pot boil? LOL

Congratulations! Enjoy the prep time but be warned, this is just your first trip, not your only one.;) I ma also be biased, but my Nyala was the most challenging animal I hunted.

You can start planning for your second trip before the first one is over. Be prepared.

Dear Ridgerunner
Congratulations with selecting AFRICA for your safari...
Enjoy the excitement and planning process which forms a huge FUN part of the safari.
Namibian greetings
Ansie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg