Proud of my daughter

Congrats to both of you. I have a pre teen and I love it when kids are out there doing things that require work and effort. Way to raise kids right. Not like a lot of the future generation to come. Great job.

Good job young lady. I like that steer. I grew up with nothing but Herefords and am still very partial, although I’ve turned my current herd to black and black baldies. Angus has just out marketed everybody and black sells better.
Great way to raise kids.
IMG_1435.JPG

I like the black baldies also.

Please tell her congrats. Lot of work. Well done
Bruce

It’s funny, I’ve never thought much of Herefords until Sydney got Poncho. Now Poncho has grown on me and I really like them.
My favorites are still Holsteins just because they’re spotted and so cute.

Congratulations to Sydney, and her parents;)

Yea Erik I'm with you, love my Holsteins! I'm probably racist when it comes to cattle but I just don't understand the culture of the little brown ones...

As for Poncho, are we going to be enjoying dinner with him next time we are all out at your ranch?:)

Great achievement and what a reward for hard work. Congrat’s daughter and proud Dad!

Congrats Erik, :D Cheers: for a proud father.

Great Stuff!

Great stuff bud, please pass on the congratulations to your daughter.

Congratulations to Sydney, and her parents;)

Yea Erik I'm with you, love my Holsteins! I'm probably racist when it comes to cattle but I just don't understand the culture of the little brown ones...

As for Poncho, are we going to be enjoying dinner with him next time we are all out at your ranch?:)
Unfortunately I lost that battle Bob, Brandi informed me that we don't eat friends. I tried explaining that being eaten is a badge of honor and Sydney agreed but the boss lady wasn't having it sooooo, he and Elvis are going to go live on my Dad's place and apparently we are eating a friend's show steer.

Good job! We just had our national Dorper sheep show in Fort Worth. My kids had 2 Reserve Champions and won several classes.
Best of luck
Philip
Wonderful and congrats!

In my neck of the woods Blue Ribbon Steers sell for pretty good money. Restaurants often hang the ribbons on the wall.

Good job! We just had our national Dorper sheep show in Fort Worth. My kids had 2 Reserve Champions and won several classes.
Best of luck
Philip
Ok Philip, you’re taking this Africa addiction thing to the next level. I had never heard of Dorper sheep- granted I’m a cattle guy- so I looked it up. South African sheep in Texas. That’s hardcore man.

Ok Philip, you’re taking this Africa addiction thing to the next level. I had never heard of Dorper sheep- granted I’m a cattle guy- so I looked it up. South African sheep in Texas. That’s hardcore man.
Yep and I’ve been raising them for 21 years now. Dorpers are my other connection to Africa. I have spent much time on sheep farms in RSA and Namibia and have some great friends there!
When I started with Dorpers, a sheep with no wool, I was made fun of. Now we are #1 breed in texas!
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg