Proposed BATF ban on privately made weapons - Gun Grab Forthcoming

A solution...any gang banger caught with a non legal firearm, is sentenced to 49 years in a work camp with no parole. Problem solved. Regardless of the crime.. possession is a done deal...your ass is gone. Bye bye to Mama.
@Areaonereal
Instead of a work camp set him up with a laser engraver in prison and have a mail order where you can send your ghost gun to be engraved free of charge. You only thing pay postage. Now that would piss him off no end.
Bob

@Opposite Pole
I just got an email from the DPI (Department of Primary Industries) in NSW showing all the state Forrest that are now reopened after covid. There is proposal to open even more land for hunting as well. They are also allowing night hunting of some species of animals, mainly feral pigs which was previously unheard of.
Even tho I don't have a fondness for gov't departments this is one that is ACTUALLY ON THE HUNTERS SIDE. The thing should be commended for not listening to the antis and greenies and actually using a long lost commodity, COMMON SENSE.
While they are doing this I will continue to pay the poultry $60 A year for my R license to be able to hunt millions of acres of state forrest free of charge anytime of the year. Anything that keeps greenies and antis out our areas will always get my vote.
That's why I vote for our Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party in politics as they keep the bastard honest and don't take crap.
Bob
You'll see a lot of porkers at night when they go out to feed so get that 35W warmed up Bob !. 200gr slugs are a bit overkill for the tusked ones but what the hell, they don't go far.

@Opposite Pole
I just got an email from the DPI (Department of Primary Industries) in NSW showing all the state Forrest that are now reopened after covid. There is proposal to open even more land for hunting as well. They are also allowing night hunting of some species of animals, mainly feral pigs which was previously unheard of.
Even tho I don't have a fondness for gov't departments this is one that is ACTUALLY ON THE HUNTERS SIDE. The thing should be commended for not listening to the antis and greenies and actually using a long lost commodity, COMMON SENSE.
While they are doing this I will continue to pay the poultry $60 A year for my R license to be able to hunt millions of acres of state forrest free of charge anytime of the year. Anything that keeps greenies and antis out our areas will always get my vote.
That's why I vote for our Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party in politics as they keep the bastard honest and don't take crap.
Bob

That's right. I too keep a valid R licence, even though at present I’m living in Europe. I enjoyed NSW public land hunting and will hunt it again as soon as I’m back in OZ.

I’m talking about the business of the hunting suspensions following the “Dunn report” before hunting got pulled under DPI and was still run by the Game Department. I was a member of Australian Deer Association and knew some people directly mentioned in this report who were taking legal action against it.

That's right. I too keep a valid R licence, even though at present I’m living in Europe. I enjoyed NSW public land hunting and will hunt it again as soon as I’m back in OZ.

I’m talking about the business of the hunting suspensions following the “Dunn report” before hunting got pulled under DPI and was still run by the Game Department. I was a member of Australian Deer Association and knew some people directly mentioned in this report who were taking legal action against it.
@Opposite Pole
Sounds like you are a new south Welshman when in OZ.
Bob.

Yeap, lived mostly in Coogee and Maroubra (east Sydney). Good spearfishing there.
@Opposite Pole
Mate that's the flash area.
Maybe when you get back we could catch up for coffee. I'm up on the central coast near Gosford.
Bob.

@Opposite Pole
Mate that's the flash area.
Maybe when you get back we could catch up for coffee. I'm up on the central coast near Gosford.
Bob.

Sure, thing is though, I drink coffee in the mornings and enjoy catching up with people in the arvo ;-)

Parts of it are flash, true and for most part occupied with hippie, greenie types - the sort who oppose people using firearms or knives and taking advantage of animals, hunting or fishing. The sort who talk about it while enjoying their animal protein meal and who carry leather handbags and wear leather boots and belts.

My mate’s girlfriend thought it odd I had very sharp knives at home and that I sharpened them myself (I hate blunt knives). She thought it strange someone would pay so much attention to a potential killer’s tool. When I pointed out to her the Fallow deer skin her feet were on she nearly fell of her chair. Things got worse when I mentioned fhe fish she was eating I have also killed myself. I’m proud to say that with a bit more wine and polite conversation she opened her mind a bit and by the end of the evening was no longer a commited anti.

Sure, thing is though, I drink coffee in the mornings and enjoy catching up with people in the arvo ;-)

Parts of it are flash, true and for most part occupied with hippie, greenie types - the sort who oppose people using firearms or knives and taking advantage of animals, hunting or fishing. The sort who talk about it while enjoying their animal protein meal and who carry leather handbags and wear leather boots and belts.

My mate’s girlfriend thought it odd I had very sharp knives at home and that I sharpened them myself (I hate blunt knives). She thought it strange someone would pay so much attention to a potential killer’s tool. When I pointed out to her the Fallow deer skin her feet were on she nearly fell of her chair. Things got worse when I mentioned fhe fish she was eating I have also killed myself. I’m proud to say that with a bit more wine and polite conversation she opened her mind a bit and by the end of the evening was no longer a commited anti.
@Opposite Pole
My wife couldn't understand why my knives were so sharp either when we met. Now she a s k's me to sharpen them when they get dull. She h as nd eaten game meat when we m st she now loves it all. Likes my kangaroo lasagne, Greek style goat, venison and free range pork satay.
Bob

A solution...any gang banger caught with a non legal firearm, is sentenced to 49 years in a work camp with no parole. Problem solved. Regardless of the crime.. possession is a done deal...your ass is gone. Bye bye to Mama.
Not sure I would make a distinction between legal or non legal guns with a gang banger! Any gun in the hands of a known gang banger is good enuf for me, legal type or not, Bye.

Jeez! I didn't know knives were a thing!

Jeez! I didn't know knives were a thing!

Are you kidding? There are some who push for complete knives bans. Look at the below UK gov site. You can get up to 4 years behind bars for carrying a knife, not attacking someone but merely carrying one!

Sounds like small folding pockets knives/work knives are legal, but fixed blade, locking blade etc, or any other kind of knife, NADA.

Are you kidding? There are some who push for complete knives bans. Look at the below UK gov site. You can get up to 4 years behind bars for carrying a knife, not attacking someone but merely carrying one!

Good grief!

They have a program in UK were victims of domestic violence can have their kitchen knives replaced with ones with blunt tips. Sure it’s the tool’s fault. I’d think the problem is the fuckwit who bashes his wife and ought to be removed but what do I know, which fool follows logic anyway!

Not sure I would make a distinction between legal or non legal guns with a gang banger! Any gun in the hands of a known gang banger is good enuf for me, legal type or not, Bye.
Careful with that, they can then call anyone a "gang banger" . Well I go to church, well that's a gang...no gun for you.

Common sense has left the country... it's sad to watch.

Careful with that, they can then call anyone a "gang banger" . Well I go to church, well that's a gang...no gun for you.

Common sense has left the country... it's sad to watch.
I did stipulate "known" as in known by LE to be one. The only proper place for them is underground.

But who decides what is a non-legal firearm?

Thanks for noting the salient point, "licensees", which most of us are not.

But again, much of what you are saying here presupposes that somehow there will be some type of move to register or confiscate firearms, which currently would not be legal. Mausers? Springfields? All have a nice easy to read SN on the receiver. Why borrow trouble?
Muzzleloaders? ATF lists them as non firearms. Some states do treat them as such, but not the Fed.
I think too much is being made of this proposed rule change to see that SN's are added by the MAKERS of these so called ghost guns.
I have to agree. What is the problem (or for that matter, what is the point) even if I did have to put a serial number on a homemade gun? I'm not really seeing much skin off my back if I were required stamp a "1" on the side of a homemade gun. Other than the $9 I would have to spend for a harbor freight number die set. Not that I see any upside to the government of requiring me to stamp a "1" on the side of the homemade gun that they don't know about in the first place because it is homemade.

If they were requiring me to in some way let them know about it, that might matter if I were trying to stay off of some real or imagined list. Which would only apply if I had never purchased a gun through an FFL. But if I did want to stay off such a list should one exist, I could just purchase a firearm for cash face to face in a perfectly legal intrastate transaction.

This mostly sounds like a plan to be able to tell the anti-gunners they eliminated the horribly scary "ghost guns" while not actually doing anything whatsoever. A have your cake and eat it too situation.

With the current Supreme Court, any actual attempt to restrict gun rights is only going to end up expanding gun rights when they find it unconstitutional. If anything, we should be lobbying FOR gun control right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois