Proposal to Ban Elephant, Leopard, Lion and Rhino in New York

I guess I really need to start worrying. That's all I need at this point.

Brent,
If it comes into NY it will be seized according to the law if it passes.
Bob does this mean If this passes I wont be able to have the taxidermy done outside of NY and then shipped to me? My leopard hunt is completely paid for.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all this is a state legislation from New York, NOT Federal.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/20...rican-species-in-ny/

Proposed Bill Would Ban Import, Sale Of 5 Endangered African Species In NY

April 8, 2015 3:09 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Legislation has been introduced in New York that would ban the import, possession, sale or transportation of the remains of five endangered species native to Africa.
State Sen. Tony Avella was joined Wednesday by animal rights advocates on the steps of City Hall to announce the bill, which covers elephants, leopards, lions, black rhinoceroses and white rhinoceroses.
All five species are currently facing extinction and are further threatened by illegal poaching and sport hunting, advocates said.
“We’re supposed to be the stewards of these species and shame on us if we allow them to become extinct because of sport hunting,” Sen. Avella told 1010 WINS.
A recent report from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Agency said New York is the port of entry for much of the illegal animal trade into the country, 1010 WINS reported.
“If we can stop it here, we can send a message to the entire world that New Yorkers and New York will not tolerate this,” Avella said.
The senator added that he believes New York should lead the way in taking a stand for these endangered species.
“There’s a huge number of animal rights advocates in New York and throughout the country and the world who want to preserve these animals,” he said. “If we don’t take steps now, they will be extinct. And future generations will not know that they ever existed.”
I hope SCI is all over this!!!

Johnny,
Hopefully it does not pass....
If it does it can be over turned because WE ARE NOT POACHERS......

Johnny,
Don't worry....
If it passes in won't be in affect long ...
We have our people in Namibia that will take good care of it till it is resolved.
I'm going to Zim so don't worry.

Johnny,
Hopefully it does not pass....
If it does it can be over turned because WE ARE NOT POACHERS......
Robert I hope you are right. My first safari....I can't believe this. I would hate to just leave it in the taxidermy studio for several years. If that's the case I ll be moving to Georgia much sooner than planned

Bob if this shit passes we will ship to Dennis and I will have him leave it there until it;s reversed or I leave NY

Johnny,
Don't worry....
If it passes in won't be in affect long ...
We have our people in Namibia that will take good care of it till it is resolved.
I'm going to Zim so don't worry.
Forgive me..Good luck in Zim! I m so upset

Johnny
Have a nice glass of wine and think of the hunt......
I will do what ever I can for you and all our clients......

If this passes my entire safari will have little meaning.

Johnny,
Bills don't pass overnight in states....
If it passes you would be grandfather in do to the date of your hunt...

Johnny,
Bills don't pass overnight in states....
If it passes you would be grandfather in do to the date of your hunt...
I hope your right Robert...I know I putting the cart before the horse as I have not even harvested a cat yet, I just have waited so long to go to Africa I just want to have the best time and stress free time possible which is why I hired your team for my import.

Does anyone know if SCI is on this? I lost sleep over this proposed legislation.

I contacted SCI in Washington today and just received a call back from a gentleman named Jeff. He told me they are aware of the bill and are tracking it at this time. Luckily NY senate is barely controlled by Republicans but basically he said they will keep an eye on it and will be holding sportsman's Caucasus on the matter and will be developing a plan. I really didn't feel much better about it but at least they know and are watching. I ll be holding my breath I guess.....I ve waited 20 years for an opportunity to harvest a leopard, I sure as hell hope my dream doesn't go up in smoke.

Exceedingly glad I don't live in New York

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!