Pronghorns galore!!!

Wade,
My buddy Joe arranged the hunt and this was our first hunt with this outfitter.
We hunted in an area that is usually full of game and this time was no exception.
I took my first Pronghorn buck in the grasslands many years ago and wanted to be sure that my son had the same opportunity. Now it will be on to other game, likely some exotics like elk here in Texas. I am no longer interested in hunting whitetail bucks, but does are good for the freezer.

I usually shoot my hogs at the Boars Nest in OK as I really like hunting the boars with chase dogs.

Wade,
My buddy Joe arranged the hunt and this was our first hunt with this outfitter.
We hunted in an area that is usually full of game and this time was no exception.
I took my first Pronghorn buck in the grasslands many years ago and wanted to be sure that my son had the same opportunity. Now it will be on to other game, likely some exotics like elk here in Texas. I am no longer interested in hunting whitetail bucks, but does are good for the freezer.

I usually shoot my hogs at the Boars Nest in OK as I really like hunting the boars with chase dogs.
Nice! I've had mixed luck with hog hunts, usually getting one once in awhile now while deer hunting near childress .
Done a few free range hunts for aoudad down near del rio and terlingua. Got a good outfitter for those and other free range exotics. He's a bit goofy though. Lol

WadeJ,
Understood on hogs. I tired of sitting an a blind waiting for a deer or hog to arrive and then began shooting hogs at The Boars Nest just 90 miles north in Oklahoma. They have walk and stalk hunting and in another pasture, trophy boar hunting with dogs. They also retrieve from the field, skin, gut, quarter and place in my cooler while I eat lunch or watch.
I am also opportunistic, shooting hogs whenever encountered.
My biggest yet, a feral sow estimated by the landowner to be about 600 pounds:

Attachments

• 52180_600x400.jpg
    52180_600x400.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 80
Congrats! On your hunts. Nice animals you got their.

How close did the flintlock hunter get to his antilope for the shot, and what caliber?

Thanks.
How close?
He had the guide drop him off out of sight and then he "injuned" closer to just under 200 yards and took a shot. The shot broke a hind leg and made the buck lie down.
Hunter reloaded and crawled 100 yards until close enough for killing shot .
He earned his buck for sure.

I think it is .58 , but am not certain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheritaFow

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you