Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Well finally got the first batch of capes in and I'm starting on the pronghorn. Here are the first few to be finished from this last season.
I am pretty furious at the tannery. This was one of these capes after I got it back. They sure as hell weren't like this when I sent them.
Fortunately I was able to fix them but holy smokes what a pita.

IMG_2620.JPG
IMG_2622.JPG
IMG_2624.JPG
IMG_2626.JPG
IMG_2627.JPG
IMG_2628.JPG
IMG_2629.JPG
IMG_2630.JPG
IMG_2636.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@billc ,

I know how you like speed goats, so I seriously want to hear your opinion on @gizmo 's work here.

Just FYI, I know the ears in the goat with the tall narrow horns are in different positions. It's on purpose I was matching a picture.

Are those bare spots holes or missing hair? I'm curious how you filled in the gaps, if it's not top secret

Just FYI, I know the ears in the goat with the tall narrow horns are in different positions. It's on purpose I was matching a picture.

Do this Erik. Get a few comments first, but then show the actual pics.

It's missing hair. I could tell u but then I'd have to kill you. :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It'll be a challenge! Just ask the gator I met Saturday

By the way, the frozen head will be sent to me with my meat, then I'll forward that to you promptly

Next one I get that I take myself I'm going to pose it this way.
IMG_2637.PNG

You are getting really good at this stuff Gizmo!

@billc ,

I know how you like speed goats, so I seriously want to hear your opinion on @gizmo 's work here.

I think they look good and natural. Have I seen better yes by guys who have been doing them for 10 years plus but I would be happy with them if they were mine. The repair on the cape looks good for what I can tell. For the short time he has been doing them I think he is moving along nicely with his work.

It stinks this year I did nit draw a speedgoat tag but will try and get a landowner tag in new mexico if I can. It would be awesome to get a few guys together from ah to go chase some one day. They are so fun to hunt.

I think they look good and natural. Have I seen better yes by guys who have been doing them for 10 years plus but I would be happy with them if they were mine. The repair on the cape looks good for what I can tell. For the short time he has been doing them I think he is moving along nicely with his work.

It stinks this year I did nit draw a speedgoat tag but will try and get a landowner tag in new mexico if I can. It would be awesome to get a few guys together from ah to go chase some one day. They are so fun to hunt.
Put me on the list!

lol doesn't look like they make the ol' BLH anymore

Eric you definitely getting the knack of things.

@Royal27 how do these speed goats compare to the pace of a blue duiker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,