Professional Hunter Leon DuPlessis from Save Safaris injured by Buffalo

Wishing him a full recovery,always sad to hear of these events .

Wow. Best of luck to him and his family. Sounds like the outcome could have been much worse.

Prayers for a healthy and speedy recovery!

After his last accident I was his first hunt back (leopard) and I couldn't keep up with him....Maybe I will be able to now....
I doubt it....

Keep us up to date.

Praying for speedy recovery.

In the end there is a reason why Dangerous game as to be taken seriously you might have shot 100+ buffalo but it only takes that one and I'm sure there is enough evidence everywhere from the forum to youtube they are tough.

That is why I'm against taking buffalo with bow and air rifles all to close to put other people in dangers/harms way.

Sorry for the rant just wanted to get it out of the way nothing about this specific hunt that injured Dup just to show respect for the game and realise that dangerous game PH carrier is not for real it can hurt.

Prayers for full and speedy recovery.

just to show respect for the game and realise that dangerous game PH carrier is not for real it can hurt.
Was meant to read:

Just to show respect for the game and realise that DG, PH career is for real it can hurt.

Update on Leon - he was transferred to Harare to another hospital. Another surgery to remove dead tissue and allow more healing. Daughter says he has been up and walking a bit and the doctors are happy with how the wounds are looking and healing. Almost out of the danger of infection. So good news and now the healing/rebuilding can begin. Thanks for all the support from members here.

Thanks for posting an update. I’m very glad to hear of the progress and hopefully it continues. Prayers!

Thanks for the update K-man, please keep us posted.

Good stuff (y)

One of his fellow Zim PHs in Save said the same as K-man's report above. He is very lucky no internal organ damage occurred. I laughed when I first saw "Dup," as I never met him, but watched the entire show about a safari operator (Duplessis) facing all sorts of typical Africa issues. It was good! But this Dup is real, and will continue to be so!

Update on Leon - he was transferred to Harare to another hospital. Another surgery to remove dead tissue and allow more healing. Daughter says he has been up and walking a bit and the doctors are happy with how the wounds are looking and healing. Almost out of the danger of infection. So good news and now the healing/rebuilding can begin. Thanks for all the support from members here.
Prayers answered

Well a bit more good news - Leon has been allowed to leave the hospital for a flat in Harare. He still has the care of a nurse to change dressings, etc. He will stay for a while then have more surgeries to rebuild the tissue lost. Looking good so far!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois