Professional hunter in Zimbabwe's Presidential race

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Robin Muchetu, Senior Reporter
PROFESSIONAL hunter, guide and horticulturalist Mr Mapfumo Peter Gava of United Democratic Front (UDF) says he can tackle the problems facing Zimbabwe by addressing reconciliation and healing for past atrocities once elected as President.

Mr Gava, is one of the 23 who filed their papers to contest as a Presidential candidate in next month’s elections. Mr Gava is based in Lusulu in Binga where he runs a horticulture project.

“As UDF, we want to ensure that we compensate all victims of political violence from 1980, we have those that suffered permanent disability, some were killed and some have wounds that are testimony to their participation so we want to compensate such people,” he said.

Mr Gava said compensation of everyone who lost something in political violence will bring peace, healing and development to the country. He said events of the past had a bearing on the future of the country thus the need to compensate those who paid the price for Zimbabwe to be where it is today.

“Regions are losing out because everything is centralised in the capital. Money generated from places like Victoria Falls must be circulated there and further develop the tourist resort but that seldom happens. Regions have lost control of their own activities such as infrastructure development, and investments because of centralisation,” he said.

Mr Gava said he will lure Zimbabweans in the diaspora to come and help in the development of the country. Mr Gava said UDF was formed a few years ago and has new faces that will bring in new investments opportunities for the country. Mr Gava has over the years been managing wildlife camps in South Africa, Namibia and Tanzania and has established a horticulture project in his rural home in Binga.

Source: https://www.zimbabwesituation.com/news/professional-hunter-in-presidential-race/

I wonder if we will see a straight shooting politician for a change? o_O

Government by Community Based resource management could be an interesting proposal.
Wish him luck.
@PeteG I doubt he gets much shooting practice.

Well the country desperately needs international investment and development of infrastructure. It probably needs some of the people who left to return to help that process. I wish him luck as well.

I wish Mr Gava well. He wants to compensate everyone who "lost something through political violence". That would be everyone in Zim. They all lost much of their future from Mugabe's rigged elections and the violence thru which he kept his power. It certainly won't be the 1965-1980 war that will get recompensed. The WHO says half of Zimbabweans were born after 1998....(median age 20).....only a fraction remember what it was like to have a thriving country.............FWB

You can lead a horse to water, but you cant a horticulture. :D:D:rolleyes:o_O:eek::D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How many run-off elections do you need to have when you end up with 23 people running?

Election 1: Top 8

Election 2: Top 4

Election 3: Top 2

Election 4: Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Guessing it would take 4 elections to get a candidate with a majority (assuming that is required, which is a big assumption)!

This presidential race may take some time...

Interesting..so just how does he plan to "compensate" the population when the country is basically broke, with no source of reliable income other than hunting? Hopefully, someone will concentrate on getting farmers to return to restore Zim to it's former state. It's more likely whomever gains power will sell Zimbabwe's soul to the likes of the Chinese.

I fear you are correct, Wes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.