karibu

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
onis safaris
Hunted
zimbabwe, tanzania, sudafrica, namibia, mozambique, Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Argentina, Finland, Etc
Have any one problems this year sending trophies to europe? I have just one problem but some people are talking about problems sending trophies to Spain from Sudafrica, why some clients don't get their trophies? How long do you think is the normal time to send the trophies from Sudafrica 4 months? Nex year I want to send my clients trophies to the taxidermy last day of the safari in other to not get trophies on the land, always do it in front of the clients, do you think is a good idea?

Hola Juan Carlos,

There is a new law for import trophies to the European Community, is TRACES list. taxidermy and I think that shipping company as well have to be registered in this TRACES list. This is only if they send skins and horns, if the trophies are monted in SA
they do not need to be registered, and if they need it I was told that is quite easy.

Suerte!!!

Thanks Jerome
Sending Zebra skins to Germany is extremely expensive as the import tax is outragous!
A few hunters I know send their things to Belgium and get the trophies courriered to Germany!
The time the trophies take all depends on how good and fast your taxidermist is. Tanning skins usually takes a bit of time.Personally I would rather wait a year for some thing and know I have excellent quality.

Dip and pack you might get them in four months. Mounted, that is an amazing timeline. 1 year is more reasonable.
My trophies are transiting through Europe (Germany) so I'll let you know if there are any issues encountered.

Thank you for information

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross