Problem Animals

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by Countrylife, May 6, 2018.

1. Countrylife

Countrylife AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, New Zealand, Namibia
    It's my understanding that it is not legal to pre-sell a hunt of Problem Animals before there is a problem animal. Am I correct on that? Second, what about going on a plains game hunt, then after the hunt while you're still around doing touristy things, the PH calls you as says the government called and they have a Problem Elephant. The PH offers the elephant for a 2 day hunt for a price and says that it is importable to the US. I am aware that technically it is importable, but the US has not issued nor is likely to issue permits for awhile, so essentially is not importable. But, the question I have is, Is selling the Problem Animal under these conditions legal in Namibia?

2. LivingTheDream

LivingTheDream AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Problem animals are usually not importable regardless. I would be suspect of that. I could be wrong and surely there are one offs where they are importable, but I would be careful.

3. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2018
    elephantmaster29 likes this.