Prince Harry sells his Purdey rifles

Wow this crowd is pretty hard on this young guy.
He married down with Meg really. A second rate model, actor or whatever that comment was, really.
I think this bunch should take a "long" hard look in the mirror!!!!!
I am not saying she is someone l would be interested in with her views, but this BS slamming someone because you don't like something is just that. Pure BS.

I am betting if the magnifying glass was put on this bunch it would be very quiet all of a sudden.
Like l said, Meg is not someone l would be interested in, but slamming someone like this is not right.
Mike , you have an extremely non judgemental and laid back approach towards others . And those are really admirable traits in a human being , these days . You genuinely have earned my highest degree of respect .

However , please take the following in to consideration :

Great Britain ( even without Meghan Markle in the picture ) is notoriously opposed to hunting and fire arms ownership , as it is . You have tabloids , such as the " Daily Mail UK " , " The Guardian " and .... perhaps the worst of them all , " Sun UK " . These tabloids attack hunters and fire arms owners on a regular basis .
They have flat out publicly stated that they aim to " Reduce the popularity of shooting in the UK " .
They wrote some pretty disgusting things about some of our more celebrated fellow sports men ( Such as Ron Thompson & Tony Sanchez Arino ) . They paint them ( and us ) as psychopaths .
It is a disturbing fact that there are a greater number of vegetarians and vegans in Great Britain today ... than there is , in ANY other 1st world country , today . They even have a month named " Veganuary "... Where they flat out attempt to convert meat eaters in to permanent vegans every year .

The Royal family ( whether you like them or not ) remains 1 of the last bastions of pro hunting people ( of " celebrity status " ) in Great Britain . They are constantly being attacked by pressure groups , such as PETA and political parties , such as Labor party ... for this .

Prince William has also taken a direct jab from WWF on multiple occasions ... because he made comments defending hunting and talking about how trophy hunting and conservation can go hand in hand . He directly even stated on more than 1 occasion that hunting is mandatory for conservation .

Now , let us assess for a moment ... as to what happens when you add something like Meghan Markle in to the picture .
Markle , despite not being fully vegan ( yet ) champions that sick life style . She has made countless comments on social media about trying to become vegan . She has voiced a desire to raise her child to be be vegan . There have been countless independent reports of her forcing Harry to adapt a " Healthy " vegan diet . And she is vehemently opposed to hunting . It is been reported by countless media outlets .

She stopped Harry from going to Boxing Day Shoots . She alienated him from all of his hunting friends . She even condemns him for his hunting hobbies in Spain and Africa . Now , she made him sell his prized pair of James Purdey bolt rifles .

There is more than 1 documented piece of evidence which claims that Meghan does not get along with William and Kate ... because they hunt .

Now , let me explain why someone like Meghan Markle is a liability to Great Britain's ( already highly pressurized ) hunting community . Leftist media , such as Daily Mail , the Guardian and Sun UK ( take your pick ) tends to lionize Meghan for her anti hunting views . They support her and they make countless attacks on the Royal Family's hunting habits .
Again , whether or not the Royal Family are likeable people ... is moot ( to us ) . The fact that they hunt and support hunting in a country , which is getting increasingly opposed to our way of life ... makes us want to support them ( in this context , any way ) .

Now , if someone like Meghan Markle were to convince Harry ( a hunter ) to abandon hunting ... then the long term consequences of this would not be good for Great Britain's hunting community ( or rather ... what's left of it ) . She has basically domesticated him through sex .

Believe me . I am speaking from personal experience . The only thing worse for the international hunting community than vegan anti hunting people ... is actually former hunters , who END UP JOINING THE VEGAN ANTI HUNTING PEOPLE .
Why ?

Because they become the anti hunting crowd's biggest weapon to use against the hunting community . Media paints it like this , " If X can hunt for so many years and then realize that it is a barbaric sport ... then SO SHOULD YOU " ( or something to that effect ) . This has a negative effect on the hunting community . More people are indoctrinated against hunting . More pressures are put against hunting.

I still remember it as if it were yesterday .It was former hunter , Kenneth Anderson ... whose books are partially responsible for leading to the ban on all hunting in India in 1972 . His anti hunting rhetoric contributed to permanently destroying any scope of legal hunting in India .

I shall give you a more personal example . I used to work for Allwyn Cooper Limited . This was India's largest shikar outfitters at the time . We were established in 1954 and we remained India's largest shikar outfitters until 1972 . My employer was Vidya C Shukla ( He even has his own Wikipedia page ) . He used to personally love hunting ( especially royal Bengal tigers ) . However , he loved fame and power even more . When he joined Indira Gandhi's cabinet ... he suddenly became publicly out spoken against hunting , altogether . He was so influencial ... that he made countless of his supporters become anti hunters , as well .

Even after India became independent in 1947 ... Hunting remained legal in India for 24 more years . It was extremely popular . When Indira Gandhi began to form her political party towards the end of the 1960s ... it was public knowledge that she despised hunting and meat eating. This was at a time when hunting and meat eating in India ... were extremely popular things . No one cared , because we all believed that " No one should judge her for her personal beliefs " . Her political party won the elections . What happened ? Not only did she permanently ban any and all forms of hunting by 1972 ... but she and her successors ( over the years ) managed to successfully indoctrinate ALL of India's youth against hunting and meat eating . India still suffers from the effects of her actions , today . This is why I genuinely doubt that hunting can ever become legalized in India , ever again . Our youth has become completely indoctrinated against it for the last 3 generations . My generation is the last generation who actually enjoyed ANY form of hunting in India .

This is why ( and I speak from 80 years of personal experience ) ... I personally believe that people like Meghan Markle and Harry are a threat to Great Britain's hunting community . Because I have personally witnessed the exact same thing play out in India . And we all know how that ended up .

The sad thing is that ( with or without Meghan and Harry's little stunt ) I genuinely fear that the days of hunters in Great Britain are numbered , anyway .
And I only hope that Great Britain's predicament does not influence the governments of other countries to cave in to the demands of anti hunting groups , as well .

Remember , that we are ALL connected in this . The international hunting community is 1 . We are not separate in our objectives .

Last edited:
Well said Major. Prince Harry is a man much to be pitied. His bride on the other hand is despicable.

Well said Major. Prince Harry is a man much to be pitied. His bride on the other hand is despicable.
Why thank you so much , WAB . I see that you and I share countless similar views on life and fire arms ( not the least ... being our greatly justified love for the Winchester Model 70 control round feed bolt rifle ) .

To read through this is actually pretty sad.

I don't much care about the Prince and his bride one way or the other. With the demise of divine right, royalty is nothing more than state subsidized celebrity. I am glad we moved beyond that in the late 18th century (though as a culture we unfortunately seem to have substituted a worship for celebrity). Harry did his part in uniform - that is more than most of his generation on either side of the Atlantic. I have no idea what the young man actually thinks or his motivations for selling a couple of firearms. Neither, I suppose, does anyone else on this site.

What is really unfortunate is how many here seem so bitter about their marriages and the institution. I married my trophy wife the first time around as well. We are still romantically involved nearly forty years later. We genuinely like each others' company. She was my full partner in the military career of an Army officer. With the Army's expectations, she might as well have sworn the oath as well. She is not a hunter, but has always encouraged my pursuit of that passion. We really enjoy traveling together and fulfilling our dreams for our little place here in Texas.

I suppose the odds of Harry and Meghan having a successful marriage under the klieg lights of the international press, and the musings of their "friends" is pretty remote. But I wish them well.

Mike , you have an extremely non judgemental and laid back approach towards others . And those are really admirable traits in a human being , these days . You genuinely have earned my highest degree of respect .

However , please take the following in to consideration :

Great Britain ( even without Meghan Markle in the picture ) is notoriously opposed to hunting and fire arms ownership , as it is . You have tabloids , such as the " Daily Mail UK " , " The Guardian " and .... perhaps the worst of them all , " Sun UK " . These tabloids attack hunters and fire arms owners on a regular basis .
They have flat out publicly stated that they aim to " Reduce the popularity of shooting in the UK " .
They wrote some pretty disgusting things about some of our more celebrated fellow sports men ( Such as Ron Thompson & Tony Sanchez Arino ) . They paint them ( and us ) as psychopaths .
It is a disturbing fact that there are a greater number of vegetarians and vegans in Great Britain today ... than there is , in ANY other 1st world country , today . They even have a month named " Veganuary "... Where they flat out attempt to convert meat eaters in to permanent vegans every year .

The Royal family ( whether you like them or not ) remains 1 of the last bastions of pro hunting people ( of " celebrity status " ) in Great Britain . They are constantly being attacked by pressure groups , such as PETA and political parties , such as Labor party ... for this .

Prince William has also taken a direct jab from WWF on multiple occasions ... because he made comments defending hunting and talking about how trophy hunting and conservation can go hand in hand . He directly even stated on more than 1 occasion that hunting is mandatory for conservation .

Now , let us assess for a moment ... as to what happens when you add something like Meghan Markle in to the picture .
Markle , despite not being fully vegan ( yet ) champions that sick life style . She has made countless comments on social media about trying to become vegan . She has voiced a desire to raise her child to be be vegan . There have been countless independent reports of her forcing Harry to adapt a " Healthy " vegan diet . And she is vehemently opposed to hunting . It is been reported by countless media outlets .

She stopped Harry from going to Boxing Day Shoots . She alienated him from all of his hunting friends . She even condemns him for his hunting hobbies in Spain and Africa . Now , she made him sell his prized pair of James Purdey bolt rifles .

There is more than 1 documented piece of evidence which claims that Meghan does not get along with William and Kate ... because they hunt .

Now , let me explain why someone like Meghan Markle is a liability to Great Britain's ( already highly pressurized ) hunting community . Leftist media , such as Daily Mail , the Guardian and Sun UK ( take your pick ) tends to lionize Meghan for her anti hunting views . They support her and they make countless attacks on the Royal Family's hunting habits .
Again , whether or not the Royal Family are likeable people ... is moot ( to us ) . The fact that they hunt and support hunting in a country , which is getting increasingly opposed to our way of life ... makes us want to support them ( in this context , any way ) .

Now , if someone like Meghan Markle were to convince Harry ( a hunter ) to abandon hunting ... then the long term consequences of this would not be good for Great Britain's hunting community ( or rather ... what's left of it ) . She has basically domesticated him through sex .

Believe me . I am speaking from personal experience . The only thing worse for the international hunting community than vegan anti hunting people ... is actually former hunters , who END UP JOINING THE VEGAN ANTI HUNTING PEOPLE .
Why ?

Because they become the anti hunting crowd's biggest weapon to use against the hunting community . Media paints it like this , " If X can hunt for so many years and then realize that it is a barbaric sport ... then SO SHOULD YOU " ( or something to that effect ) . This has a negative effect on the hunting community . More people are indoctrinated against hunting . More pressures are put against hunting.

I still remember it as if it were yesterday .It was former hunter , Kenneth Anderson ... whose books are partially responsible for leading to the ban on all hunting in India in 1972 . His anti hunting rhetoric contributed to permanently destroying any scope of legal hunting in India .

I shall give you a more personal example . I used to work for Allwyn Cooper Limited . This was India's largest shikar outfitters at the time . We were established in 1954 and we remained India's largest shikar outfitters until 1972 . My employer was Vidya C Shukla ( He even has his own Wikipedia page ) . He used to personally love hunting ( especially royal Bengal tigers ) . However , he loved fame and power even more . When he joined Indira Gandhi's cabinet ... he suddenly became publicly out spoken against hunting , altogether . He was so influencial ... that he made countless of his supporters become anti hunters , as well .

Even after India became independent in 1947 ... Hunting remained legal in India for 24 more years . It was extremely popular . When Indira Gandhi began to form her political party towards the end of the 1960s ... it was public knowledge that she despised hunting and meat eating. This was at a time when hunting and meat eating in India ... were extremely popular things . No one cared , because we all believed that " No one should judge her for her personal beliefs " . Her political party won the elections . What happened ? Not only did she permanently ban any and all forms of hunting by 1972 ... but she and her successors ( over the years ) managed to successfully indoctrinate ALL of India's youth against hunting and meat eating . India still suffers from the effects of her actions , today . This is why I genuinely doubt that hunting can ever become legalized in India , ever again . Our youth has become completely indoctrinated against it for the last 3 generations . My generation is the last generation who actually enjoyed ANY form of hunting in India .

This is why ( and I speak from 80 years of personal experience ) ... I personally believe that people like Meghan Markle and Harry are a threat to Great Britain's hunting community . Because I have personally witnessed the exact same thing play out in India . And we all know how that ended up .

The sad thing is that ( with or without Meghan and Harry's little stunt ) I genuinely fear that the days of hunters in Great Britain are numbered , anyway .
And I only hope that Great Britain's predicament does not influence the governments of other countries to cave in to the demands of anti hunting groups , as well .

Remember , that we are ALL connected in this . The international hunting community is 1 . We are not separate in our objectives .

Major Khan
I have enjoyed many of your posts on here and your knowledge on the hunting world.
I agree with what you are saying.
What l am pointing out is that a thread that is doing nothing but name calling and degrading someone is doing no good. It is actually in my eyes doing nothing but harm to the hunting industry. I read the anti hunting comments too, and yes many are discussing. But l don't feel acting the same way back is the answer.
Showing the positive side and the many benefits to hunting does great results. Getting young people involved in hunting and fishing gets results. Getting involved in groups like SCI, DSC, here in the US groups like pheasants forever, Elk Fountain etc gets results in fighting the anti-hunting groups
All l am asking is that people stop and think before talking and posting on social media, are what their about to say going to be positive or negative towards hunting.
I think l have made my point so this will be my last post on the topic

Wow this crowd is pretty hard on this young guy.
He married down with Meg really. A second rate model, actor or whatever that comment was, really.
I think this bunch should take a "long" hard look in the mirror!!!!!
I am not saying she is someone l would be interested in with her views, but this BS slamming someone because you don't like something is just that. Pure BS.

I am betting if the magnifying glass was put on this bunch it would be very quiet all of a sudden.
Like l said, Meg is not someone l would be interested in, but slamming someone like this is not right.

I respect her, just as much as she would me.

The most dangerous woman in the UK today is actually the Prime Minister's latest conquest, Carrie Symonds.

She is in bed with the PM and is an influence on him and his cronies, take the proposal to ban hunting trophies/animal parts from hunting to the UK.

Meghan Markle has no influence on anyone other than Harry and the social media fools.

Symonds on the other hand is using her position to ban things that she doesn't personally agree with.

I am apathetic to the pair in the opening post.

I do feel empathy towards Harry as he served his time in the army and was only ever going to be a shadow in the Royal Family and I don't blame him one bit for seeking to leave the UK and want to live his own life with his wife (love her or hate her), especially after hatred and vitriol directed at him because he married someone the rest of the world apparently detests.

I don't know and I really don't care what the situation in their marriage is. It's none of my business and it won't stop me hunting.

I'm more concerned with the harpy in No.10 and her behind the scenes power.

She could stop me hunting.

At the end of the day, no one knows for sure why he sold his rifles, in my opinion it's all media sensationalism because I'm damn sure Harry didn't specify his reasons why to the media but they all love to jump on the pair whatever they do.

He could simply have thought he has a new life, doesn't really want to hunt or own a pair of Purdey rifles so why not sell them.

He has a new life, he can be himself and doesn't need to conform to the family he was born into, hence his reasons for wanting out.

Last edited:
Maybe they just got fed up with the pomp and fluff the Royals are so wound in and just want to start a new life and live like normal people. I question the normalcy of the Follywood mob but it is a far piece from the hounding they receive in the UK. Corruptifornicate is not the least bit gun friendly but it sounds like he won't have much use for guns. Perhaps they can ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after.

At the end of the day, I could care less about Harry and his wife. None of my business. I just hope he married for the right reasons, and is not being pulled away from his family by a domineering spouse.

Maybe he got tired of the Royal family and the stiff tradition?

I have been on the receiving end of the anti hunting UK press. All it did was open up more hunting doors for me in the UK!! Enough of that what I find amazing id poaching has skyrocketed as hunters and guides are not about and the antis see CV19 as some sort of good thing as its stopping us going over to hunt. Bet they wont see the other side of the coin as they never do. Bloody antis troll us on the forum too. They must not have jobs and live at home with Mum and Dad

To read through this is actually pretty sad.

I don't much care about the Prince and his bride one way or the other. With the demise of divine right, royalty is nothing more than state subsidized celebrity. I am glad we moved beyond that in the late 18th century (though as a culture we unfortunately seem to have substituted a worship for celebrity). Harry did his part in uniform - that is more than most of his generation on either side of the Atlantic. I have no idea what the young man actually thinks or his motivations for selling a couple of firearms. Neither, I suppose, does anyone else on this site.

What is really unfortunate is how many here seem so bitter about their marriages and the institution. I married my trophy wife the first time around as well. We are still romantically involved nearly forty years later. We genuinely like each others' company. She was my full partner in the military career of an Army officer. With the Army's expectations, she might as well have sworn the oath as well. She is not a hunter, but has always encouraged my pursuit of that passion. We really enjoy traveling together and fulfilling our dreams for our little place here in Texas.

I suppose the odds of Harry and Meghan having a successful marriage under the klieg lights of the international press, and the musings of their "friends" is pretty remote. But I wish them well.

Harry.jpg

I hope this guy hasn't turned into a wimp.
But to be honest, I suspect that he needs money now that the royal appointments have been cancelled and the people have more to do with Corona than the proms would like.

@ Red Leg-Nancy is a gemstone, that is not so easy to find, if at all.
You were really lucky my friend-regards ;)

My first wife was the proverbial "Trophy wife". I thought I hit the jackpot.

Boy....was I ever wrong!

It's not too late to bail, Harry, it's not too late!

“If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you
A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
As soon as he married her and then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart
But if you make an ugly woman your wife
A-you'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind”

Wisdom passed down the ages for those with ears.

Or just dont bother getting married. Im yet to find a woman that can cook as good as me other than my mum who taught me to cook. Well one that crazy enough to be with me

I could make a really crass statement here, but I will leave it at, I have never in my life seen nor heard of any pussy worth giving up hunting or firearms.

Wives and girlfriends are like fine guns. Life is too short to spend it with an ugly one.

View attachment 346702

I hope this guy hasn't turned into a wimp.
But to be honest, I suspect that he needs money now that the royal appointments have been cancelled and the people have more to do with Corona than the proms would like.

@ Red Leg-Nancy is a gemstone, that is not so easy to find, if at all.
You were really lucky my friend-regards ;)
I think you were as well my friend.

You are also apparently fortunate to have a reasonably rational government ready to get the country up and running again. You and your countrymen did very well through this.

And on the other end of the spectrum , there is my wife .

( Transcript A )
Mrs . Panther Shooter : Dear , don’t you think that it is high time that you stop using that rusty old British shotgun and purchase a newer one ?
Me : But Dear . It is a William Wellington Greener . They do not make them like this , anymore .
Mrs . Panther Shooter : It has an unsightly bulge on the barrel ! We will purchase a nice , modern Italian Beretta for you .

( Transcript B )
Mrs . Panther Shooter : Did you have a trying week , Dear ?
Me : Yes , Dear . My patients were numerous .
Mrs . Panther Shooter : Well , why don’t you and the boys make a plan this Friday ? Go hunt a nice Chital or Kakar Deer . But bring the tenderloin back for me .
And no plans with friends on Saturday . That is family time with our grandchildren , and your parents .

Indeed , I consider myself blessed to have a wife like this , for the last 44 years . She is just as beautiful on the inside , as she is on the outside .

Marriage is not the problem . It is who you marry . Single life is fun , too . I know countless confirm bachelors or divorced people who are perfectly content with their lives . However , some women exist , who make marriage worth it .

I just look at is a change is situation for Prince Harry. I wish him the best, a lot of changes. Hopefully things work out for his family because I’m sure the media will be there to cover it if it doesn’t.

I don’t trust her one bit. Call it my New York intuition. That being said one would have to wonder why he would sell guns worth so much more at the price he did. Many people give up hobbies at one point or another. I doubt he was ever a real sportsman anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois