Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1301152162?pid=152162

Still showing available 30 seconds ago...

$74 per 1K is significantly more expensive than these used to be ($35 per 1K).. but also significantly cheaper than what a lot of people are trying to get for primers on gunjoker ($300 per 1K)..

Im pretty stocked up now (finally).. or I'd probably buy a few...

FWIW all the CCI #34 mil primer is... is a Magnum Large Rifle primer that is slightly harder than their "normal" primer (the intent is to prevent/deter slam fires in mil weapon systems).. It is interchangeable with "normal" CCI magnum large rifle primers.. and can be loaded in any other large centerfire rifle caliber.. not just 7.62x51 firearms as the label on the box implies..

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.30.16 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.30.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.30.19 AM.png
    892.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.30.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 11.30.22 AM.png
    398.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the alert. I actually managed to score a box!

Thank you so much for posting this! I was literally on there checking this morning and they had nothing...

actually was able to buy a box

What are they getting for hazmat shipping now?

I think that the last time that I paid for it it was $20

Hazmat was $13.

and gone...:(

Those are excellent primers! Good on those who were able to grab some. I use CCI 34s as my go-to primers for magnum cartridges.

Interesting story about standard CCIs and CCI 34s. At one time CCI must have run a batch of CCI standard LRPs that were somewhat hard to ignite. That was about 25 years ago. I think they corrected that issue very quickly. I haven't heard of an instance since.

They developed the #34 large rifle primer and the #41 it's small rifle cousin, especially to help prevent slamfires in semi-autos- Garands, M1As, ARs, etc.. And added a 50 BMG size those so inclined. I used them exclusively in my Garand for years. A couple of years ago I read a test report on the relative flash strengths of various primers along with minimal pin force required to touch them off. Surprisingly, the CCI 34s were equivalent in flash strength to most all other brands of magnum primers! Since I had a decent supply of CCI 34s I started using them for all my magnum loads. They have been 100% reliable and as good as any for producing low SDs of velocity.

Several years ago I had one rifle that suffered an occasional failure to fire with most primers including WW and Remington but the CCI 34s had ZERO failure to fire events in that rifle. Turned out the root cause of the FTFs was a weak striker spring. That issue was solved by replacing the spring. Now exactly how all that "squares" with the CCI 34 being a safer, slightly harder to ignite primer for semi-autos I'll never know and it will likely remain a mystery. :)

Not fast enough!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross