Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
IMG-20200625-WA0038.jpg
IMG-20200625-WA0037.jpg

In the presidents statement today he announced the immediate reopening of all international airports in Zambia. He stated the need to get the tourism industry back up and running...the part on quarantine is a bit vague so I am trying to get more information

Last edited:
Excellent news!

Good news, that's for sure...Vanguard, what route will you take to get there? Hope there are no quarantine issue to deal with.......FWB

Great news!

Good news, that's for sure...Vanguard, what route will you take to get there? Hope there are no quarantine issue to deal with.......FWB
I'm taking Emirates with the package put together by the warriors at @Travel Express. Probably Vegas-LAX-Dubai(overnight)-Lusaka. Emirates needs to restart the route before we can book. The quarantine issue is what we need clarity on. There SEEMS to be no quarantine unless someone is symptomatic.
I'm hoping that we can make this happen. I was supposed to leave 06/28 at 1005 hours originally. I'm now hoping for the latter part of August.

Whatsapped with my bud in Zambia, he says he's hearing that you can have proof of a negative test within 7 days, and then take a test when you arrive. Then you can self quarantine in the bush but still working on more clarification from the govt.

...The quarantine issue is what we need clarity on. There SEEMS to be no quarantine unless someone is symptomatic.

A Zambian outfitter stated that if one person in the airplane tests positive then the whole lot have to go into quarantine.

That seems an unacceptable solution and risk to me. When I mean risk is the risk of getting stuck in a quarantine due to no fault of my own.

Whatsapped with my bud in Zambia, he says he's hearing that you can have proof of a negative test within 7 days, and then take a test when you arrive. Then you can self quarantine in the bush but still working on more clarification from the govt.

Think your referring to this that I got sent...it's on the phaz chat about this situation ...think at the moment till statement is made it's all a bit up in the air

20200626_205833.jpg

This is super news. Its just a shame that upon entering back to the uk I would have to quarantine for 14days

Just outside Warwick, Warwickshire
not a bad place to be. Im down in the flatlands of Norfolk. Good hunting though

As long as this risk of being stuck somewhere under some vague policy about quarantine exists, I aint going nowhere. With cases rising here in the states in some areas, its likely that US citizens will have a tough time being accepted anywhere for some time.

Even before this announcement you could quarantine in your house or as its said a camp in the bush...for 14 days...you also give contact info....so if the test given to you proved positive then you would have to go to a government approved facility...so just make sure you book at least a 14 day hunt..:D

There are other considerations for traveling though. Suppose as suggested that one guy on the plane test positive on arrival and the whole plane must be quarantined for 14 days. Can any outfitter guarantee that his guy will be allowed to go to a hunting camp for that? Govt officials often like to do things their way regardless what others think they should.
Then if all goes well, the hunter heads home. Upon arrival at JFK or wherever, again, one guy on the plane tests positive. Do they just send a plane load of possibly infected folks on their merry way to ports all over the country? Probably quarantine them all at that arrival point.
The idea of sitting on airplanes for two days of flying, each way, wearing a mask with a bunch of pissed off worried passengers doesn't sound like my idea of fun even if all goes well. Those flights are extremely unpleasant under the best of times, and this aint it.
Others are free to put up with these uncertainties as they chose. I will be staying home for the time being, at least until travel is more or less unrestricted with no threats of quarantine in foreign or home lands over our heads.

Any more updates on traveling to Zam & bypassing RSA??? I have a hunt booked with Balla Balla for late August & trying to figure out if to still go & how to get there. I've got messages left with Travel Express, Hunt Nation (whom I'm paying thru), & Shawn about it. However no feedback yet on those requests. I'd sure like to still make it happen, as already pushing other trips postponed this year into '21-22, but the potential quarantine(s) are a big concern (as stated in the prior message).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg